Homebrew Recently updated to 11.12.0-44 ... How I Install CFW?

alesyt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey folks. Dunno if this is the right place to post this, feel free to move it to some other part of the forum.

I just started today on the 3ds scene :D I wanted to run dumps on my 3ds, and even I thought that 11.11 was the last update.. I ended up updating up to 11.12 and for my surprise this is a new new version that came out.. ¿¿some hours ago??

I'm a total noob on this, and I keep reading people reporting that CakesFW and Luma3DS are working on 11.12 ,... but how ? how I can install luma3ds or cakefw on my console? What method will be good?

Thank you so much!

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

alesyt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh, seedminer is working? people already used this method? i dont want to brick my 3ds with my little experience and in a new version

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
oh, seedminer is working? people already used this method? i dont want to brick my 3ds with my little experience and in a new version
Well you certainly can't brick it by screwing up the seedminer part (and so what if it hypothetically did? ntrboot exists)
Just be sure to use a version of b9stool (if you're going to use that homebrew in the process) designed for 11.12, that's the one which matters

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well you certainly can't brick it by screwing up the seedminer part (and so what if it hypothetically did? ntrboot exists)
Just be sure to use a version of b9stool (if you're going to use that homebrew in the process) designed for 11.12, that's the one which matters
This one.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Javierme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Luma3DS: Works, patches seem to work

Signature patches for homebrew and backups are not affected. Layeredfs hacks loaded by Luma3DS still work. The cheat codes loaded with Luma3DS seem to work. Luma3DS users can update safely.

CakesFW: Works, patches seem to work

Users of CakesFW seem to be able to update safely, all patches are in good working order.

b9stool needs to be updated, the hack does not install, calculating the kernel partition key via xorpad requires knowing the kernel (that is, having a copy) currently installed.

The Luma3DS GBA and TWL Orginaux patches work very well and Widescreen patches for DS games also work.

Rei-Six users, please refrain from updating your system or upgrade to Luma3DS or CakesFW (Luma3DS recommended due to more future support.)

Reactions: peteruk

FellDragonGrima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know whether or not my 3DS is safe to update? It’s already fully hacked and also has the Luma3DS/Rosalina whatevermajig. Any advice? Or should I just wait a bit until I update?

san40511

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
had some troubles with luma pathing on the 11.12 and it's not installing until i run built-in firmware update. I don;t know what happened but firmware ver. not changed but something was installed a and luma ran without error after that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

had some troubles with luma pathing on the 11.12 and it's not installing until i run built-in firmware update. I don;t know what happened but firmware ver. not changed but something was installed a and luma ran without error after that

ecm1986

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan

I have a question about this. I was able to follow a guide from 3dshacks and a youtube video to install luma3ds and I got as far as the boot9strap install which did work and was for 11.12.0x but then luma doesn't launch...just goes to homescreen. Your post indicates you may have a solution? I have the boot.firm in my sdcard root dir. Just doesn't seem to want to launch...even with select held down + pwr button.. I would be overjoyed to get any help on this. My console is 11.12.0-44J and is Japan's version.

ecm1986

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Nevermind.. I tried "updating my device through built-in firmware update" it didn't seem to download anything but it works after doing that. I can get into luma config now.. just reran the b9strap install.. Works! hurray.. loaded into luma config! Thank you!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The guide has not been updated specifically for this version, but anyways https://3ds.hacks.guide/seedminer should still work... Let us know if that's true or if you encounter any problems.

Hello.:)

Yes,seedminer works.:)

I made it yesterday on the New3DS XL with the latest System Update.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: Valery0p

Curious007

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I installed succesfully the fredminers hack.
Where do I put the .3ds-games on the SD-card. How do I play games? Why use the R4 {B9S} 3DS card to put into the Nintendo DS?

Curious007

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

Sorry, I'm a newbee on Nintendo 3DS.

Thanks for the hack. It works on my Nintendo 3DS with firmware v11.12.0-44E. I see homebrew and a FBI icon. What can you do with that?
I bought the console for my kids. Please help.

Thank you.

Mammon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello everyone. I'm trying to install luma on my old 3ds jap under 11.12.0-44 but I just have a white screen when i touch the large box after the flipnote tuto's.. Helps

Hello everyone. I'm trying to install luma on my old 3ds jap under 11.12.0-44 but I just have a white screen when i touch the large box after the flipnote tuto's.. Help
i'm using : 3ds.hack.guide website.
fredtool and frog tool as the same result...
(sorry for my english..Obviously, I'm french)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1