Hacking Recently got a WiiU, Now Before I Get Started...

Excalibur007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read up a lot on WiiU hacking, but before I get started, I just want to know a couple of things.

1) My WiiU is currently on version 5.4.0. Nearly all the guides I read say I need at least 5.5.1. Is there any reason to keep my WiiU at 5.4.0? Am I giving up any capability if I update?

2) Is it possible to downgrade the system software if someone wants to do so? Does the WiiU have fuses that get burned like the Switch or Xbox 360? I've not found any info on this.

Thanks for any help/guidance on this. I picked up Twilight Princess so I could easily update to 5.5.1 if needed.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every version is hackable so you can feel free to update.

No downgrading, but it's not necessary because again the latest version is hackable.

Excalibur007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply.

But is there any reason at all to keep 5.4.0? Is there a homebrew entry point that works with this that has any advantage? From what I've read, it seems most of what's available is meant for version 5.5.1 or later, but is there anything I'm not aware of?

I know for the 3DS, the hacks have kept up with the firmware so there truly is no advantage of 9.2 over 11.7 for example, but with that system, you can also downgrade if a person ever wanted to for some reason.

Since you cannot downgrade the WiiU (does it have fuses that get burned btw?), I'm a little more hesitant, wondering if there is any advantage at all (something that may work on 5.4.0 that doesn't work on 5.5.1 or later). With the Switch, sure, the current hacks work with 6.0, but there's still a potential advantage with having 4.1.3 or earlier for future hacks. Or... is the WiiU truly more like the original Wii, where the latest hacks worked best on the latest system update?

Last edited by Excalibur007,

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the quick reply.

But is there any reason at all to keep 5.4.0? Is there a homebrew entry point that works with this that has any advantage? From what I've read, it seems most of what's available is meant for version 5.5.1 or later, but is there anything I'm not aware of?

I know for the 3DS, the hacks have kept up with the firmware so there truly is no advantage of 9.2 over 11.7 for example, but with that system, you can also downgrade if a person ever wanted to for some reason.

Since you cannot downgrade the WiiU (does it have fuses that get burned btw?), I'm a little more hesitant, wondering if there is any advantage at all (something that may work on 5.4.0 that doesn't work on 5.5.1 or later). With the Switch, sure, the current hacks work with 6.0, but there's still a potential advantage with having 4.1.3 or earlier for future hacks. Or... is the WiiU truly more like the original Wii, where the latest hacks worked best on the latest system update?

No reasons or advantages to stay on an old system menu, and yes, wiiU is like Wii: the latest exploits are stable and work great with the latest update.
To be honest in the Wii scene IMHO the best thing was that update, because of the added functions of the latest system menu, like the SD menu that expand the ridicolous system storage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: