1. rewtaxs

OP rewtaxs Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I recently bought a switch lite, and it has a parental control. I understand from a little research I need a console ID now for the mkey generator to work. In order to get that I believe I have to install something called Goldleaf and use PRODINFO. I have been trying to figure out how to install these but I am coming up short. Can someone please explain to me or link me to a tutorial on how to install these on a Nintendo Switch Lite? I am running version 11.0.1

2. CompSciOrBust

CompSciOrBust GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    You need a modchip to hack the lite. Good luck finding one, the guys who made them are getting sued by Nintendo so they're hard to find now. If you do that you won't actually need to use that website though, there is an app by @TotalJustice that can remove it on the console itself.

Edit: The name of the chip is the SX Lite if you want to find one. If you have never soldered before you should pay someone to install it because you could break the console if you mess it up.

Last edited by CompSciOrBust, Mar 9, 2021
  3. rewtaxs

OP rewtaxs Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey thanks for the quick reply. You mentioned an app that can be used directly on the console to pull the console Id? Is the only way to install that app is to have the SX Lite chip?

CompSciOrBust likes this.
  4. LyuboA

LyuboA Unknown Entity

Bulgaria
    the Only way to do Anything not approved by the console maker on their console is to hack it and to hack Switch Lite you Need that Mod chip SX Lite if you want Switch for hacking you should sell this one and get OG v1 Switch that is exploitable by software Only

btw before you buy anything do a little research before that and best place to buy second hand stuff is on local site - local for you country or city or local facebook groups better deals and you can avoid been scammed like that more easily

Last edited by LyuboA, Mar 9, 2021
  5. Zhongtiao1

Zhongtiao1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I had a similar thing happen to me. I just needed to call nintendo support, explain I bought it second-hand and they walked me through removing parental controls

LyuboA likes this.
  6. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    I assume the seller isn't answering your messages?
    I'm sure he could help in that.
    If it fails, let eBay know and get your money back.

LyuboA likes this.
  7. rewtaxs

OP rewtaxs Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Were they able to remove it without any of the previous owner information? The seller is not responding to me at all.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I did contact eBay and they told me because the seller noted the sale was final and did not offer returns, they would reach out to seller to try to see if he would allow a return. The seller declined return and eBay support said there was nothing they could do for me. So now I am stuck.

8. Zhongtiao1

United States
    Yup! No issue at all

9. rewtaxs

OP rewtaxs Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I will try to give them a call tomorrow. Can you sort of let me know what all you had to provide them? All I have is my email correspondence with eBay support and a copy of my invoice from eBay. Will I need to provide them this information?

10. CompSciOrBust

CompSciOrBust GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    No problem, Yeah the only way to install any unauthorised app on the Switch Lite is to use a mod chip. The app doesn't give you the console id, it just disables parental controls entirely. I would try calling Nintendo first as others have said, tbh I didn't think they would do that but if others have been successful it's worth a shot. If calling Nintendo fails here's a link to the app: https://github.com/ITotalJustice/Reset-Parental-Controls-NX

If you're able to find a nice reseller maybe they would be willing to install the chip and remove parental controls for you at a discount and then remove the chip afterwards. I don't know how many people would be willing to do that though and tbh I would just keep the chip, if you've never dived in to hacking consoles before it's a really fun process. If you have kids it can help them learn how computers work too.

Edit: When you call Nintendo be sure not to mention that you thought about hacking the console haha. They don't take kindly to that sort of thing.

Last edited by CompSciOrBust, Mar 9, 2021
  11. Zhongtiao1

United States
    https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/p/989/c/269/a_id/22299

Click "No" and follow the instructions, except call them instead of the pay site

Last edited by Zhongtiao1, Mar 9, 2021
  12. TotalJustice

TotalJustice GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yeah calling them is your best bet. Everyone that I know that has had to call them to get the parental controls removed managed fine. I think there is meant to be a £1 fee or something, but I don’t think anyone has had to pay that

13. lpoolm

lpoolm GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I removed a parental lock yesterday, I simply went on the website, entered the serial number and code it gives when you forgot and they emailed a reset code instantly.
    No phone calls, no waiting.

TotalJustice likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Recently, parental, controls