Hardware Recently bought 3ds without CFW have some questions

legato1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ive bought a used new 3ds xl with 11.3.0 firmware 2 days ago and i was going to follow the steps from 3dsguide. But when i finally got to it just now i see all the ban stuff going on and with that going on it seems like a poor idea. It has no CFW installed from what i can tell.

Ive never owned a 3ds before and pretty much only got one to catch up on the dragon quest games with the intention to sell it in a month or 3/4 when im done with them for 20 less then i bought it. The problem i see is the main reason i got one was to play an out of region game (DQM terrys wonderland) with a translation patch so from what i can tell i dont have a choice in the matter if i want to play that game.

My knowledge about a 3ds is just what ive read the last few weeks and i was wondering what happens if i go through with this and do end up getting console banned? From what i can tell reading through banwave topics it blocks youtube/netflix/online play but i could still update and play the games offline? Are there any other disadvantages?

Just figured id ask before taking the plunge, if there are to many cons ill just try to sell it for what i got it for. I assume a console banned 3ds sells for a whole lot less if someone would buy it at all.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
you can't get banned for using CFW. But if you go online (E-shop, multiplayer, game hacking) then you can. As long as you dont care about playing online (like me) just do it. But most people (that didn't use hacks) didn't get banned (at least I think).
EDIT: only for game hacking

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: ZERO2028

legato1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought people got banned this time for simply having cfw installed. So if i follow the guide and do end up getting a ban i can still play my games and add updates to games and firmware through the cfw? I tried searching for exactly what i can and cant do if i do get banned but all i could find was multiplayer, youtube and netflix. Was just wondering if thats all or if there is more im locked out from.

The 3ds came with someone elses nnid and some pokemon games. I guess theres nothing much i can do about that then. Wish they were cartridges i could sell as i dont intend to really play them. I mostly want to play some remade rpgs on the 3ds including one that requires a translation patch which is the main reason i want to put cfw on my 3ds and also pretty much the reason i bought it. So as long as i can still play offline i guess ill go ahead with the 3dsguide tomorrow after i get myself a new sd card to start the process.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
you will NEVER be unable to play games (although if banned only offline) and as long as I know, games update can be installed even when you are banned (and they can't stop you because you can download it from FreeShop)

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can unban yourself if your banned, so virtually, theres no risk AS LONG AS YOU HAVE CFW. If you don't you are screwed.

(Btw while your following the guide, you won't be banned automatically, it will take days or weeks at most to be banned (I haven't been banned yet though.))

legato1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did it all on Saturday. Everything is setup and working well with no issues at all. The games i intend to play are alright offline even if i end up banned from multiplayer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: