Gaming Recently back on the psp scene.. So much change. Help!!

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I am on firmware 3.9 (I think). What do I need to do to upgrade? I have no battery or anything. I am on the custom 3.9, so is there a way to upgrade to something newer without fancy pieces of hardware, or am I fucked? Do any of the new games play on old firmware (Little Big Planet, etc.)?

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but I have never done this before. If I have CFW 3.9, how do I procceed? Do I need a pandora? Or do I just download the 5.00 m33 and swing away?

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks alot, really appreciate the help.

Just curious, will all games work on the 3.9? Should I even bother to upgrade the FW?

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I got the 5.00 M33-6, and am in the proccess of d/l the official 5.00. The instructions say to put the official update as 500.PBP in the same folder. So all I need to do is rename the official one as '500.PBP'? Once I have these files in my PSP/GAME folder, how do I run the file to update the FW? I assume I have to run the M33-6 (EBOOT.PBP on my memory stick)? Does the M33-6 automatically and magically use the renamed official firmware?

Sorry for the noobishness, just not interested in a brick.

Thanks.

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All right, I'm just charging my battery to 100% (apparently plugged in isn't good enough). Will let you know how it goes! Thanks for the help.

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Worked great, no problems. Ghostbusters didn't work, though. Oh well, I'll grab a different one. Looking forward to Gran Turismo and Tekken!

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so everything went okay with the update, but most of the new games won't play. WTF? Do I have to be on a newer firmware that 5.00? So far, I have three of the newer .iso s that don't work. If I need to update past 5.00, what do I need to do? Back to square one. Will I need a pandora? Please advise.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you on 5.00 M33-6? In which case the games need to be decrypted (a process I don't know about as I use GEN-D3) if you don't want to do this just run the 5.50 GEN D3 final updater and it will reflash your PSP to 5.50 GEN D3 which has a built in decryptor so you can play original UMD and iso backups of all games up to December last year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.