Hacking Recent problem with backups on computer

squiwwel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone,

I recently downloaded No More Heroes (NTSC) to convert to PAL. I downloaded a backup off the internet and tried to open with WinRar but get "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged". When trying to open in Trucha Signer I get "Error decrypting data". The only other backup I have on my computer is Puzzle Quest and the same thing happens. What is causing this? Do I maybe have a virus or something? I will try burn Puzzle Quest and see if it works, but that still doesn't help me in opening No More Heroes in Trucha Signer. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

thebawp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
See this tutorial for the Trucha Signer: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76657 - You won't be able to open the iso until you've added key.bin to your registry (which is explained in the tutorial).

You say when you open it in winrar, it comes up with an error message. Can you even see the full iso? It should be something like 4.37GB in size.

squiwwel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got it working! Was in a rush last night and didn't have internet. Was causing lots of confusion! Thank you
smile.gif

squiwwel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok well while I have this topic I might as well introduce my new problem! I used Trucha Signer to edit the ISO, then loaded in Wii VMC and selected option 3. Converted to PAL using RegionFrii. Burned the CD. Loads up in Wii but when I try start it the screen goes blank (on both 50hz and 60hz). I know this is fairly common but I can't seem to find an answer. I have a D2Ckey PAL. Anyone?

dweirdo

Trophies
XP
Country
squiwwel said:
Ok well while I have this topic I might as well introduce my new problem! I used Trucha Signer to edit the ISO, then loaded in Wii VMC and selected option 3. Converted to PAL using RegionFrii. Burned the CD. Loads up in Wii but when I try start it the screen goes blank (on both 50hz and 60hz). I know this is fairly common but I can't seem to find an answer. I have a D2Ckey PAL. Anyone?
whats you wii version? ur wii ver should be 3.1 or more.
do you have an hdtv? cause the patch when you hit 3 makes it compatible for 480p try patching it with smart patcher
biggrin.gif

good luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all