Hacking Recent Problem need help =O

bluejays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
>.< i was playing my dstt for a while and i noticed that there are red lines and odd squares all over the screen and places =/ at the touch screen part
but this doesn't happen when i go to regular ds screen/play my regular games instead of using the back ups... im finding it really annoying >.< anyone know
what the problem is? Again the bottom touch screen is showing red lines appearing and disappearing as well as green ones that are up n down.
please help and also Thanx in advance
moogle.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Hmm, I'm not really sure, but you can try YSMenu if it bothers you that much. It's a menu alternative. You can also try Moonshell 2 or DSision2 with the YSMenu plug-ins.

For YSMenu Info, go here.
*look at me linking to one of my old threads*
For DSision2, click here.
For Moosnhell2, click here.

Or you can just re-add it. As in delete the old files and put them back on fresh from the website. Or maybe reformat it. Try all of them.

bluejays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seemed to be temporarily? Im thinking because i reformatted me card n put the files bak in again (btw i was using ysmenu the whole time). Anyways even after that the problem continued and regular games seemed to work fine without those odd things apearring. But after a while i stopped playing and when i started playing again they were gone
gbasp.gif
....hopefully this doesn't happen again
mad.gif
oh ya one time i used the check if your dstt card is real .nds file and it said that my dstt was broken O.o but that when the problem started when i used it so that mightve caused the problem
blink.gif
?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have a fake DSTT, you'll want to make sure you use the fake-killer disabled firmware. Please read the FAQ to find out where to get it and how to install it if you haven't already.

-Bri

bluejays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually i used the latest firmware with the killer thing but when i use the fake checker that i found in the download section of this site it says its broken
blink.gif
but its working right with the killer code firmware. So iunno what its doing.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The fake-killer doesn't kill your flash cart immediately. There have been reports of folks using it for weeks before it killed their flash cart. The flash-killer disabled firmware will work with both real and fake DSTT's and has no disadvantage over the official fake-killer version, I strongly recommend the fake-killer disabled firmware regardless of whether you have a real or fake DSTT.

-Bri

bluejays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
aww dam thanx for the info i guess i shud put the changed firmware on right away =/ >.< so wait how do i do that with YSMenu? i just rebuild it with the fake killer disabled firmware?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you run "ttextract.exe" on the fake-killer disabled firmware instead of the official firmware to get the files you need.

For complete instructions, look in the FAQ under "Q: How do I install YSMenu?"

-Bri

k3vin369

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe your bottom touch screen is defective/broken. I'm just comparing this theory with problems that appear in the computer. Just like when your video card overheats or messes up, it shows weird lines on your screen, or just shuts off.

I have no idea if I am right or not, but it could be a possibility, I suppose?

bluejays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem has reoccured and its starting to get frustatring every time i play the colours on the bottom screen are messed up because of the random red lines im sure i used the right fake killer disabled firmware but recently i used an already done moonshl in the downloads section of this site and transferred some of the stuff from my pervious set up >=/ i hope someones knows a way to fix this this problem again only occurs on the ttds and not on any regular game. Im sure my ttds is real because it did not in any way display any fakeness according to the site and also because i used the firmware on the site for about 2 weeks without a probelm.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Again, the fact that you were able to run the fake-killer firmware for 2 weeks without a problem doesn't mean you don't have a fake DSTT. The fake-killer code apparently is activated at random, and corrupts the flash memory inside your DSTT gradually (writing random data into it) so you may not notice a problem right away. It might be worth trying the DsttFlashWriter program to restore the flash memory and see if that helps. Again, follow the directions in the FAQ.

-Bri

bluejays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would it be okay if u link me to that guide? because when i look around gbatemp its takes really long to load each page looking for it because of my bad internet =(. Link me if u think its possible to the best 1 cuz i dont want to find a bad one too and risk destroying or breaking my dstt T_T

bluejays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ohh didnt know it was stickied thanx fro giving me link though saves me a couple mins of my trouble ^^

*edit*
When i run the dstt flashwriter.nds i get an error saying FF90C11F Not Support Device

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try these steps I compiled maybe they can help you.

How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own.
STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
STEP 6: Try another DS. If possible.
STEP 7: Possibly the "GAMES" you have are faulty. You know what to do here...
STEP 8: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card from a reputable site.

bluejays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did all steps all game r good i know cuz i get from a reliable source so that my games are all ways backed up and easy to put all in 1 and i did all the steps u said besides the step saying buuy a new card which i cant cuz i bought this 1 for sdhc support and also because i gave my r4 to my cousin =/ and will not be allowed by my parents to get another 1

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dude I'm real sorry but it's a faulty DSTT I believe. Do you remember where you ordered it from? You should look into that site and see if it's a fake flashcart distributor.

I know this sounds kind of risky bluejay but if you really want a new flashcart badly, and you're parents won't do it, maybe I can do it for you. Of course, I will need you to mail the cash first to me and then I could use Paypal to buy it online. It's real cheap on DealXtreme so don't worry about it getting robbed or something.

It's like 6 dollars for the regular DSTT for just DS/DS Lite and like 11 dollars for the DSi version. Your pick. PM me in private and we can set something up okay. If you're interested.
wink.gif

bluejays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
welll =/ my parents would notice it come through the mail so i don't think its a very good option + i bought it from a store because i didnt want to wait for shipping the store isnt exactly the best and safest place to buy it from but i did. =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse