Recent Luma + A9LH, lost save from old SD card. Can I boot with the old one?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by garneth, Jan 27, 2017.

1. garneth
    OP

garneth Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2016
    Brazil
    So, I got my Luma dna A9lh working like a charm. I own a Sky3ds+, I thought I had it all safe and sound inside of it, that why I went through with the process.
    I got a new 16gb SD instead of the 4GB it came with the N3DS. It is untouched, as it used to be, with all the files.

So, I had a save for my FE Special Edition. With 6 slots used. I lost the last 3 of it, appearently it saves the first 3 in the cartridge and the rest is info on the SD.

The question:
    Can I put in my n3ds, the old SD card, to save over one of the first 3 saves with my recent ones just to have it back on the cfw, or will it brick or something due to the lack of the cfw files on the 16gb sd?

I can live without that save, it's just that I was 5 chapters away from finishing it and I RELLY love the series. I don't want to go through all of it again.
    Or can I maybe get a friend's clean N3ds, put my sd and try to do the same?

Help please? ):

2. CrazyLukeHD

CrazyLukeHD Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2017
    United States
    As long as you don't have any files related to the 3DS mod, nothing bad should happen. You can't boot into emuNAND, though.

3. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    Unless you backed up the saves with a save manager like jksm, you're out of luck. Save files are kept in the Nintendo 3ds folder, which is encrypted to the nand it belongs to. You would need the original console and nand. Do not try to restore a nand backup from a different console, it will brick you for 100% sure. If you do have the original console and backups, you can restore them, then dump the save with jksm. If not, sorry :(