Gaming Recent games, what's recommended?

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've been extremely busy lately, and haven't been able to stay on top of the scene, so I must ask: What games are worth playing that have been released recently? The portal has been out of whack, and normally if I can't come check the forum that's where I see what's new, so I haven't seen much.

Is Gauntlet even out yet? Been waiting to have some fun with that for a while, atm working through Kirby Super Stars Ultra and Sonic Chronicles.

I'm talking good in the last 3 months really, any genre.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Zubo is really fun so far!

Other than that there's not many new gems. Rhapsody is a decent, but generic RPG with a lot of voiced songs (in Japanese). And Disgaea DS isn't to be missed if you haven't played it before.

Gauntlet isn't out yet. It's not supposed to be out for some months. It did get a review from Official Nintendo Magazine: 53/100 (ouch)

http://gonintendo.com/?p=56668

Pyrofyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like I can get addicted to this, still looking for more, but this is a great start! Gonna fill up my 4GB microSD with new good games.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't mention Dragon Quest 4. If you don't have that already, get it! It's awesome and just released officially in English!

And I haven't tried Lego Batman on DS, but heard it's decent.

World Destruction came out in Japan if you don't mind the language barrier. It's 256MB.

And another Japan release was Knights in the Nightmare (I believe it was called). Again, Japan only for now.

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
You pretty much missed the best week of releases recently:

Disgaea DS (Seriously a must buy. If you only buy one legit game a year, get this one. And then increase your budget and get Chrono Trigger as well.)
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Time Hollow (not bad for a few hours)
Lego Batman
Rhapsody
Sonic Chronicles

And some releases from the previous months:
Locke's Quest (haven't tried, but it got great reviews)
Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness (a hit or miss game, I personally liked it though)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Dragon Quest IV
Final Fantasy IV

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kirby! I would also say Sonic Chronicles, but I can't get it to work on my M3 Simply DS (seriously, I have tried every method, is there something I'm missing?).

Star Wars TFU was pretty bad and Rhapsody is generic and has annoying music. But definitely try Locks Quest, it's a great game!

23qwerty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone who says Sonic Chronicles or even Disgaea DS are out of their mind.
Sonic Chronicles was so terrible it's not even funny, I don't mind the graphics being not that great but it was so terrible its' not even funny, you think the devs could have at least put a half assed effort instead of forcing us to look at a pile of shit.

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
23qwerty said:
Sonic Chronicles was so terrible it's not even funny, I don't mind the graphics being not that great but it was so terrible its' not even funny, you think the devs could have at least put a half assed effort instead of forcing us to look at a pile of shit.
my feelings exactly. Bioware games are known to be polished and perfect. This game feels rushed. I feel like I'm forced to play it instead of enjoying it. I miss mario RPG
frown.gif

I haven't played disgaea DS yet.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Funny, I find Sonic to be a pretty good game if you can look past the "OMG BAD GRAFIX" and "WAAH SOUDN" stuff. Sure, if you compare it to Super Mario RPG, it's going to naturally look bad, but Super Mario RPG was made in the golden age of gaming. People keep bellyaching about how Sonic is dead and all that shit, but wow, have they played the Sonic Rushes? My GOD those games are Sonicy! And Chronicles wins because of the character interactions. So it's not button-controlled. The POW moves are taken from EBA. Big fucking deal. Bioware went on a limb and they did something that Sonic Team had no significant hand in, and I think that it's a pretty solid game. You're playing on a system that uses a touchscreen, ever think that maybe there would be games where you'd have to use it?

I swear, it's Starfox Command all over again.

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Doomsday Forte said:
Funny, I find Sonic to be a pretty good game if you can look past the "OMG BAD GRAFIX" and "WAAH SOUDN" stuff. Sure, if you compare it to Super Mario RPG, it's going to naturally look bad, but Super Mario RPG was made in the golden age of gaming. People keep bellyaching about how Sonic is dead and all that shit, but wow, have they played the Sonic Rushes? My GOD those games are Sonicy! And Chronicles wins because of the character interactions. So it's not button-controlled. The POW moves are taken from EBA. Big fucking deal. Bioware went on a limb and they did something that Sonic Team had no significant hand in, and I think that it's a pretty solid game. You're playing on a system that uses a touchscreen, ever think that maybe there would be games where you'd have to use it?

I swear, it's Starfox Command all over again.
wait wait wait. I just said i miss Mario RPG because its an rpg about a known franchise. I was actually expecting the game, I had high hopes because bioware never fucks up. But the game does feel rushed. The controls arent intuitive (if you mistake one movement in the last of your characters, you have to start all over again), the fights dont seem rpg-esque (there's no transition from map to battle), I just cant undarstand the equipment screen (everything's shared?), the EBA/Ouendan battles arent synchronized with the music (you get chimes... Even EA did it right in zubo), the videos skip (a video each time I open a crate?), there are humans (ok, so its not that important, but still feels weird), and so on.

The game story seems good, but the way the game plays... not so much. At least in my opinion
smile.gif

Crazy Machines is awesome! Remind me of that old pc game... I dont remember the name though...
smile.gif

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
23qwerty said:
what the hell are you talking about? Disgaea DS is one of the best DS games ive played easily.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kingfield said:
23qwerty said:
what the hell are you talking about? Disgaea DS is one of the best DS games ive played easily.

The PSP version was better, I hear.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tropicana said:
Kingfield said:
23qwerty said:

The PSP version was better, I hear.

Really? isnt it basically the same thing except you can fight 3 extra people in the PSP ver. I prefer the touch screen capabilities in the DS ver.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."