Recent content

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by pwsincd, Jan 8, 2016.

1. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    Would it be / is it possible in the recent contnent on the front page to filter forums , so in my instance i have no interest in 3ds subjects and as its popular it floods that section , i can never at a galnce see the recent threads on say wiiu or pc stuff etc ... could we have options to choose specific forums , like it can with say user submitted news etc ?

2. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    I'm afraid you can't filter forums out of the recent threads box but you can select from six different options by hovering your mouse over the icon.

You could use the new beta recent content page which allows you to exclude threads from certain forums and subforums by clicking 'Customize this page' in the top right.

3. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Is the beta content page available for non staff members? I honestly have no idea, I know that I have suggested stuff only to be told by members that it doesn't exist for them lol

4. pwsincd
    OP

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK

Thats not a terrrible solution , only the customised options i chose , do they save , they seem to be defaulted if i return to the page , and could that be added as a block on the portals customisation options ?

edit : hmm maybe i misunderstood you , so if i customise that page you linked , it filters the recent contnet block on the portal permanently .. is that how it sohould work lol. cuz thats what i originally asked :)

Last edited by pwsincd, Jan 8, 2016