Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the new DSTT firmware when released will turn on a small laser which is only present on the fake DSTT. This laser could:
1) Fry your DSTT
2) Fry your micro SD
3) Fry your DS
4) Burn your house down
5) Link with your iPOD causing it to overheat and burn up
6) Shoot down missles launched at Poland which Russia will view as hostile action and begin WWIII.

I thought this was fake until the same thing happened with my clone WiiKey a few months back. It raped my sister and took control of our Mayor by implanting itself in his brain! Then linked with SkyNet to start global warming by altering history.

Damn clones!

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
Yes, the new DSTT firmware when released will turn on a small laser which is only present on the fake DSTT. This laser could:
1) Fry your DSTT
2) Fry your micro SD
3) Fry your DS
4) Burn your house down
5) Link with your iPOD causing it to overheat and burn up
6) Shoot down missles launched at Poland which Russia will view as hostile action and begin WWIII.

I thought this was fake until the same thing happened with my clone WiiKey a few months back. It raped my sister and took control of our Mayor by implanting itself in his brain! Then linked with SkyNet to start global warming by altering history.

Damn clones!
Consider yourself lucky. I've heard some worse cases than that.
biggrin.gif

swf3

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fuking SkyNet! lol
mayby the post about the fake ds`s was a fake post to hurt dstt sales?
if team dstt brick clones then no one will buy any dstts colnes or real one`s as when you order them you realy dont know witch you will get!

for now dstt colnes are working so its all good

Random_user

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well for my dstt, I had no gold dot at the slot but I saw a ''2''(from the outside. I didn't want to take it apart to see if it had the J2 tag). Does that mean it's still fake? Are there any other ways to see if this DSTT is fake?

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Random_user said:
Well for my dstt, I had no gold dot at the slot but I saw a ''2''(from the outside. I didn't want to take it apart to see if it had the J2 tag). Does that mean it's still fake? Are there any other ways to see if this DSTT is fake?

Open the casing and compare the circuit board to the ones in this picture:
fakett02865.jpg

Notice how the real DSTT has more stuff on the circuit board and uses a SHARP brand microchip. The fake DSTT has far less stuff on the circuit board and uses a different brand microchip.

aero125

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
How to open ? I dont see any screw at the back or feel any screw on the front (behind the label).

I hope opening the cart will not damage ther plastic outer case ...

PyroJames said:
Random_user said:

Open the casing and compare the circuit board to the ones in this picture:

Notice how the real DSTT has more stuff on the circuit board and uses a SHARP brand microchip. The fake DSTT has far less stuff on the circuit board and uses a different brand microchip.

Mikef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I woundn't try to open it. It's glued together.
One thing is to make sure your not confusing the 7 (2nd from the right contact) with the 2 (3rd from the left contact). It's so small (the 7) I thought it was a 2 at first.

One other thing to think about... Maybe these fakes are the so-called new version DX was talking about.
rolleyes.gif

aero125

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
No, Mikef, it's a "2", I used a magnifying glass. There is also a "J" seen partially covered by the plastic legs.

Anyway, according to the picture, the real has nothing there !

Mikef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a look at my DSTT's again (I have 2 of them) and the 7 (2nd from the right) on that picture is really a 2, but not the so called J2, but pin 2.
blink.gif

aero125

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
"J2" on the left, "7" on the right. The real should not have "J2" on the left ...

Mikef said:
I took a look at my DSTT's again (I have 2 of them) and the 7 (2nd from the right) on that picture is really a 2, but not the so called J2, but pin 2.
blink.gif

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not a fake, it's a clone
And you really think there will be any difference?
I'm sure it will work as good as or better then real DSTT

WhoRuJudge

No, Who Are You?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From other thread

WhoRuJudge said:
I received my TTDS from DX around the very end of last month. Everything was good, it ran everything I threw at it, I even ordered a GBA expansion to go with it.
Fast forward to last week. Suddenly nothing works. Game Load Error, Save Load Error. No matter what I tried (formatting, different mSD, one rom at a time, even YSMenu) nothing was able to boot. Yesterday I stumble upon this discussion and lo and behold, I have a fake. So I am now contacting DX about it.

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hit said:
It's not a fake, it's a clone
And you really think there will be any difference?
I'm sure it will work as good as or better then real DSTT

clone, fake, imitation, knock-off, replica, substitute, counterfeit, copy = still not genuine and parts/construction are not identical and usually lower in quality.

I'm sure it will play games but if you look at the comparison photos, the "clone" DSTT has a lot less parts on the circuit board. As with any product, the lack of crucial components (or a substitution of cheaper parts) may (and usually does) create unreliable and unpredictable performance.

silversx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
DX has still not responded to our support tickets... instead they have a staff member "dylan" on the forum thread telling us that this is not a problem because if it works then it works.

WTF is that..

there's a thread in the general forums on DX started by me.. this is BS.. they're trashing their own reputations.. it's not like DX is the only vendor out there.. would we buy fakes just cuz it's a few bucks cheaper?? NO

are we ok with settling for fakes?? NO

does it matter that the fakes work for now?? NO

is it ok to send your customers fake parts and then instead of resolving the issue.. just tell us "fuck it.. suck it up.. its ok"

NO DX IT'S NOT OK.. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE 30 BUCKS.. already have a cyclo from dealwoot on the way.. ITS THE EFFING PRINCIPLE OF SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES THAT PISSES ME OFF

aero125

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I have 2 faked DSTT in dispute, and I must say I share Silversx's resentment.

The opinion was expressed via the channel @DX STAFF, I read it as an official voice because it came from a declared DX Staff in a forum hosted right in the DX website.

There is indeed a problem, because I paid knowingly to buy genuine DSTTs, not fakes. This is a fundamental consideration in the whole deal.

There is also indeed a BIG difference between a known manufactured origin DSTT and an unknown backyard made fakes. DSTT had openly declared the burnt carts/TF/console risks associated with fakes. Whether the official claim is true or not, I am not going to try my luck to risk my 2 consoles with the fakes ! If I got exactly the genuine DSTTs that I have paid for, I need not subject to these unnecessary risks.

I do certainly hope that DX will take our interests into consideration and process a quick replacement, or a refund, or a swap for another acceptable brand carts, on the faked carts.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If DX is to be honest, they really should advertise them as clones and let the buyer decide if they want one or not. That said, a user in another thread indicated that DX offered him an exchange. It remains to be seen whether they'll exchange them for a real one or another fake one!

-Bri

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just received a (fake) cart from DX.

Seems to work fine, Ill use it as my main cart for a week or 2 to test it then keep it as a spare as intended.

I'm kind of pissed that I got a fake, and distributors saying the fakes are hard to spot is BS:
-the packaging was missing the (I guess subtle) blue colour completely (holding a real and fake box side by side it is obvious)
-there were white specks in the black which my 'real' cart's box did not have
-no gold sticker on the back of the cart like the original I have (don't know if all had this)
-the border around the edge of the cart where it joins is also different
-and of course the mentioned markings near the connectors and dot near the microsd slot

Having said that, if it keeps working then I guess Ill keep it. It was $20 and despite 'the principle', my time and hassle in returning it is more than likely worth more than that to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16