Reccomend to me hardwar.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by acer r, Mar 13, 2007.

1. acer r
    OP

acer r Newbie

Ok I've bought my DS and I've been having a blast. But now it's time I bought some flashing hardware. Can someone recommend to me some of the better stuff? I want full functionality for both DS and GBA, with minimum draw backs. It's so hard with so much stuff on the market. Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion
    That limits you to a slot-2 right off the bat unless you're looking for a slot-1 & slot-2 combo
    If thats all your needs, then you still have a few choices.
    For combo (R4+EZ whatever the slot-2 number is...)
    For single solution, M3L Perfect would do you nicely.

Do you care about price, homebrew, etc?

3. aslacker55

aslacker55 I like pie

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    So Cal
    There is one slot 1 that can do both NDS and GBA games, that would be the EZ-flash V with expansion pack. You can read the review here:http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=42399. The expansion pack is also a rumble and rom pack. I just got one 2 days ago and I would have to say that it's really good. The games have less slow downs on the Ez-flashV than the R4( kingston made in japan in both), all the gba that I have tried have worked perfectly. The downside about this flashcart is that it relies on a save list that you can download or make\modify yourself.

4. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion
    My mistake...in part. Technically its still a combo, but I did overlook the EZ-flash V. I'm going to stick with my M3L Perfect and my soon-to-be R4 combo. Match made in heaven.

5. aslacker55

aslacker55 I like pie

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    So Cal

I have the EZ V combo, but I just bought it to try out. I actually use a R4 for slot 1 with a G6 lite for slot2. I had the M3lite perfect, but I gave it to my little sister to go with her DS-X ( gave her more space to put music and movies in). Great combo that you're about to have, get a 2 gb micro for the M3L perfect, you'll love it. [​IMG]

6. acer r
    OP

acer r Newbie

I just want to be able to put apps on the carts, put in DS and play GBA and DS backups.

7. aslacker55

aslacker55 I like pie

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    So Cal

I would recommend getting an M3 lite perfect with a micro sd and passcard, it's about $100 total or the EZ-flash V combo with a micro sd for about $75.

8. GBA_Temper

GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

Nov 15, 2006
    United States
    Atlanta,Ga. United States
    Or if you guy's like recommending the Best flashCarts read this I am planing to make it a STICKY once I can get it to a moderator

CLICK HERE

9. acer r
    OP

acer r Newbie

Ok Im thinking about getting a M3 Lite passcard and a M3 DS Simply flashcard. Aside from these two items, all I need new is a MicroSD card correct? With these cards will I fully be able to play both GBA, DS gamesand apps?

10. aslacker55

aslacker55 I like pie

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    So Cal

If you are going to get the m3 ds simply( it has passcard capabilities), you don't have to get a passcard for the m3 lite. You also would need a micro sd for each one. You can also get a R4 instead of a m3 ds simply( it's basically the same card); you can get the combo here:http://www.gameyeeeah.com/r4-ds-revolution...lite-p-199.html.

11. acer r
    OP

acer r Newbie

Ok I've pretty much decided on M3 DS Simply. But my last question is will I still beable to put GBA backups on it? Or will I need a Slot2 card?

12. aslacker55

aslacker55 I like pie

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    So Cal
    No, you would not be able to put GBA backups in it, you will need a slot 2 card.

13. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion
    you'll need a slot 2 device to play gba games.

14. cheesyPOOF5

cheesyPOOF5 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2006
    United States
    I say M3. I have a supercard, but I know M3 is probably better.

DING! 100 POSTS! [​IMG]

15. acer r
    OP

acer r Newbie

Ok cool, I think I'll hold out on the slot 2 card, but Imma get this M3. Any reccomended microSD cards?

16. fischju_original

fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

Banned
    Jul 22, 2006
    United States
    kingston 1gb from meritline, costs $10

17. aslacker55

aslacker55 I like pie

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    So Cal
    Any Japanese made micro sd (kingston, pny, toshiba) would be the best ones, but any micro sd would do just fine.

18. acer r
    OP

acer r Newbie

What's a good place to buy M3DS Simply? Gameyeeeah's shipping is outrageous.

19. aslacker55

aslacker55 I like pie

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    So Cal

Where do live?

20. acer r
    OP

acer r Newbie

United States.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice