Hardware Recommend Cheap Solder and reflow station ?

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought the 998D Solder/Rework Station a few Days ago because i needed a Rework Station and i'm very happy with it.

The Quality is very Good, you also get 3 Nozzles and a replacement Heating Element for the Solder Iron.

There is also a Repair Guide in the Manual.

I payed just 35€ with shipping cost included at Aliexpress, no extra cost and the Station arrived after 3 Days because the Seller already has the Station in Germany, maybe there is also a Seller who has the Station in the UK.

This is the Seller where i bought mine: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED...535.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dpBma0n

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the 998D Solder/Rework Station a few Days ago because i needed a Rework Station and i'm very happy with it.

The Quality is very Good, you also get 3 Nozzles and a replacement Heating Element for the Solder Iron.

There is also a Repair Guide in the Manual.

I payed just 35€ with shipping cost included at Aliexpress, no extra cost and the Station arrived after 3 Days because the Seller already has the Station in Germany, maybe there is also a Seller who has the Station in the UK.

This is the Seller where i bought mine: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED...535.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dpBma0n

Just got 1 thanks for reply

electronrancher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not a octopus lol, kinda dont want to be kissing bench either lol..
doesn't your back hurt budd lol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173015698898

The one ive seen has a better stand

also these any good or bad idea and stick to others ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302422796439

Yes, all the time and I have no idea why.. So why do you ask? :P

That magnifier is very slick, and a great price! I'd better put on of those on the Christmas list, my eyes are too damn old for these tiny components.

Canna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, all the time and I have no idea why.. So why do you ask? :P

That magnifier is very slick, and a great price! I'd better put on of those on the Christmas list, my eyes are too damn old for these tiny components.

Yeah if im gonna work on small Stuff i may as well make it easier for me,
What did you think of those tips or bad idea ? i would of thought copper be better..

God how old are you old man haha, maybe old but your still usefull if your doing all this kinda sht

electronrancher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copper is good, but I usually just get a few of the smallest two pencil type and no others. Most irons come with a set of tips, I think all the large ones of mine are still unused. :)

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think they make a tool that small...

dark_cool_face_wallpaper_by_cd_imei-d4bp8r62.jpg

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Reactions: MatinatorX

Canna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey am i as thick as thermal paste or what..
Whats the difference between these two ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm//112241778951
Are they anygood, i am bhuying solder/flux paste in syringe for smd work i want this for other applications normal soldering, which do i choose or are they garbage

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Be careful with cheap tips. You don't want to get pure copper ones with just nickel plating or whatever they put on there. You want the long life ones with iron plating. They are worth the money and last pretty much forever if you don't abuse them hard. The cheap ones with nickel will get holes within ~30 h or so use.

And don't use a wet sponge. It works but it may cause cracks in the plating over time due to the thermal shock decreasing lifetime. Use brass wool.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, that T100 looks awesome, but its just sad it doesnt have a chord, that kind of socket breaks with a lot of movement...

I only have a 11W JBC direct to the outlet soldering Iron and when soldering some heavier, thicker metal things I need to aid it with a torch lighter as it can't melt the solder when there is too much metal cooling it, like some sockets from RC batteries...

Canna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, that T100 looks awesome, but its just sad it doesnt have a chord, that kind of socket breaks with a lot of movement...

I only have a 11W JBC direct to the outlet soldering Iron and some heavier, thicker metal things I need to aid it with a torch lighter as it can't melt the solder when there is too much metal cooling it, like some sockets from RC batteries...

Dude buy the ts100
The socket is strong as fuck as its strengthend, also you can buy a powersupply for it very cheap anyway. or use your own, it has been mentioned in this thread take a look. Rossmann recommends it and im getting one myself

Reactions: MatinatorX

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they really strengthen it quite a lot as my old laptop socket broke and I didnt even push the cable, twist or anything like that, it was just by lot of use, but the laptop lasted longer than any PC I ever owned, it was 24/7 for like a decade (and if I solder a new socket its probably still alive if it havent burned anything when it broke the middle pin, but the performance is kinda obsolete for nowadays, but I miss my heavily modded Windows XP installed in it) :).

I have a universal power supply, maybe I'm actually going to buy one some day, it looks awesome and I like the tip that already comes in the package.

Canna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they really strengthen it quite a lot as my old laptop socket broke and I didnt even push the cable, twist or anything like that, it was just by lot of use, but the laptop lasted longer than any PC I ever owned, it was 24/7 for like a decade (and if I solder a new socket its probably still alive if it havent burned anything when it broke the middle pin, but the performance is kinda obsolete for nowadays, but I miss my heavily modded Windows XP installed in it) :).

I have a universal power supply, maybe I'm actually going to buy one some day, it looks awesome and I like the tip that already comes in the package.

the tips are same as hakko tips but the hakkos are alot longer you can use a hakko tip grip and also buy a special grip that goes between that and the gun to keep it stable so you can have the long hakko tips in it ... anyway yeah im going to get one

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have an Aoyue one similar to this one and I absolutely love it. Reasonable price for how well it works. I have done all my repair work using it and it has never failed me. I have easily a few thousand hours on it.
https://toolboom.com/en/lead-free-hot-air-rework-station-aoyue-2703a-plus/
Yeah i wanted one of those but outta mmy price range atm there really cool and love the options

@MatinatorX
answer my flux post please

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China