Rebuilding Wii NAND?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LWares87, Apr 14, 2011.

Apr 14, 2011

Rebuilding Wii NAND? by LWares87 at 5:45 PM (943 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. LWares87
    OP

Member LWares87 The 'Wise' Merchant

United Kingdom
    I have a query that has been bothering me for a while, is there anyway of rebuilding a Wii NAND filesystem using ShowMiiWads, BootMii and something else?

As i have a friend who tried softmodding his wii and ended up with a brick. There is now no system menu at all and i have no idea what to do apart from suggest him using it as a paperweight.

2. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's possible to build a nand from scratch but unless you have a means of running some homebrew (bootmii or priiloader) you won't be able to flash it without a nand flasher like infectus.

You could always try sending it to ninteno and telling them it fried during an update or something.

3. LWares87
    OP

Member LWares87 The 'Wise' Merchant

United Kingdom
    ok, thanks anyway.

4. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    Bad_Ad84 does reflashing same as DeadlyFoez does apparently. PM him, I saw a post in a forum this afternoon on the same issue.

have a read here, looks quite reasonable

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=288...p;#entry3590513

Of course, Im basing this on the assumption that there is no functioning system menu. have you tried savemiifrii to see if you do have a functioning system menu? Also, have you held down the reset button after switch on to see if Priiloader has been installed and is still working?

5. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Well can you ac cess bootmii or priiloader or the recovery menu if the answer to any one of the three is yes then the wii can be saved without an infectus. If the answer is no to all three then you can recover as long as you have the keys for the system extraced.... Bootmii backups come with a key.bin file. these are the keys. If you don't have the keys the only hope for recovery is that the wii has a vunerable boot1 so bootmii can be flashed to the boot2...