Rebuffed PSN Plaintiff Lashes Out at Xbox Live, Nintendo

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 2,666
  • Replies 22
D

Deleted-171178

OP
Seems like gaming's found its Jonathan Lee Riches - the inmate who sues anyone and anything, largely for comedic effect. In this case, Erik Estavillo, who already had a suit against Sony tossed, has taken aim at Microsoft and Nintendo.

Estavillo's suing Microsoft for an RROD on his 360, claiming that a disability means he can afford neither a new console nor a "well over $100 fee to fix it." He's looking for $75,000 on that complaint, because of the "undue stress" he's suffered since the machine's failure, plus the "sadness he will have in the mean time of finding one he can afford." Allllllllright. Next.

Nintendo of America isn't so holy in this either. Estavillo complains that a Wii firmware update disabled his homebrew channel. Basically, he's bitching that it prevents him from unlocking a character in Super Mario Galaxy and for that he wants $5,000 for obstructing his "pursuit of happiness."

In his suit Estavillo says he depends on games for his emotional well being because he suffers from depression, OCD, panic disorder, Crohn's disease and agoraphobia, the latter of which you might recall was his basis for suing Sony after it banned him for being a jackass on PSN. A judge threw out that lawsuit, a judgment which he has appealed. There's obviously no stopping this guy.

Source: Kotaku

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Lol, It's quite obvious he isn't going to win either of those. Especially the Wii one. How would the HBC help you unlock a character in SMG!? Jesus, just finish it the way it was made if you want Weegee that badly!

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People bitch about anything these days. Oh! I stepped on your toe? I'm sorry, my mistake. "Noooooo! You caused me undue emotional stress!!! You owe me thousands of dollars because I can't take life!" I say they should start throwing these kinds of idiots in jail.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Whats next?
Sueing Sony for not being able to play Tekken 6.

He won't win these fights, he looks like he is able to sue company's, so he is in fine shape.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is like the anti-Jack Thompson.
laugh.gif

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I read this on Gamespot and I think it said he needed the HBC to get a character in Mario Kart Wii which he needed a Super Mario Galaxy save file

I'm getting mixed messages from everywhere.

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cablephish said:
I read this on Gamespot and I think it said he needed the HBC to get a character in Mario Kart Wii which he needed a Super Mario Galaxy save file

I'm getting mixed messages from everywhere.
Oh! Probably needed to install a save file for Mario Galaxy to unlock that one lunar princess or what ever the hell her name is.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah the USA the only place in the world that would hear a guy this crazy out and over the most retared things, but dont get me wrong I find what hes doing to be epic and in the best intrest of man kind *ROFL*.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
This bullshit shows how freaking ungrateful and selfish we are when it comes to materialistic goods! Although I know NONE of you will sue the game companies despite of the illegal actions you're doing. This JACKASS is showing how to abuse the democracy of our system but in a much amateurish way. He's suing over something that can make him get sued (Yes its called a counter-lawsuit) which he will have to pay them!

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He's suing for ninty taking away something totally unrelated to bad for and unofficial to nintendo. What gives him the right to do that?! How would you expect to win that?!

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Charmandersrule said:
He's suing for ninty taking away something totally unrelated to bad for and unofficial to nintendo. What gives him the right to do that?! How would you expect to win that?!
He's a complete idiot who is trying to abuse the legal system. He's probably thinking a "jury of his peers" means a group of people who are just as deranged as him, and hopes they will somehow see this as "The Man" bringing the hammer down on Blue-Collar Joe. I hope he gets hit with a fine for frivolous lawsuits.

hellohey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
beegee7730 said:
Seems like gaming's found its Jonathan Lee Riches - the inmate who sues anyone and anything, largely for comedic effect. In this case, Erik Estavillo, who already had a suit against Sony tossed, has taken aim at Microsoft and Nintendo.

Estavillo's suing Microsoft for an RROD on his 360, claiming that a disability means he can afford neither a new console nor a "well over $100 fee to fix it." He's looking for $75,000 on that complaint, because of the "undue stress" he's suffered since the machine's failure, plus the "sadness he will have in the mean time of finding one he can afford." Allllllllright. Next.

Nintendo of America isn't so holy in this either. Estavillo complains that a Wii firmware update disabled his homebrew channel. Basically, he's bitching that it prevents him from unlocking a character in Super Mario Galaxy and for that he wants $5,000 for obstructing his "pursuit of happiness."

In his suit Estavillo says he depends on games for his emotional well being because he suffers from depression, OCD, panic disorder, Crohn's disease and agoraphobia, the latter of which you might recall was his basis for suing Sony after it banned him for being a jackass on PSN. A judge threw out that lawsuit, a judgment which he has appealed. There's obviously no stopping this guy.

Actually he's bitching that it prevents him from unlocking a character in Mario Kart Wii. To unlock this character, you need to have a save file from Super Mario Galaxy. There's another way to get her but i forgot but it would probably take awhile.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that you can sue anyone for almost everything has brought fear to people lol.... he's a idiot that's gonna increase his disorders this way

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
great idea why don't i go sue Woolworths for letting mothers in the store with kids who let them run rampant around the store like hypo little idiots because they annoy me!!
rofl2.gif

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
hellohey said:
beegee7730 said:

Actually he's bitching that it prevents him from unlocking a character in Mario Kart Wii. To unlock this character, you need to have a save file from Super Mario Galaxy. There's another way to get her but i forgot but it would probably take awhile.
that's dumb then because it's not like the update deletes your save files =.=

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs