1. Escape1975

OP Escape1975 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I replaced the reboot_payload.bin in atmosphere with Hekate bin file so I could do a reboot to payload from Homebrew to Hekate,
    but now when I hold the power button and do a restart it just goes black, and before it would re-start back to Atmosphere ...

Does that sound right ?

2. LyuboA

LyuboA Unknown Entity

Bulgaria
    reboot_payload.bin is only for Atmosphere reboot and if you have the right hekate payload for your hekate it will reboot into hekate when you restart
    if you want to reboot into hekate with homebrew the easiest way is to use FastCFWSwitch plugin for Tesla and you can make hekate to replace reboot_payload.bin with its own payload in hekate settings

3. Escape1975

Newcomer

Canada
    I see, someone suggested I replace the reboot_payload.bin with hekate.bin and then when I use homebrew to reboot
    to payload it will get me to hekate which it sure did, but it also looks like it breaks the atmosphere reboot ...

I think the updater2p=1 setting is also somehow connected to reboot to payload so it goes to hekate from what I see ...

It seems with that setting Hekate replaces reboot_payload.bin file with something 137958 bytes,
    whereas the original from atmosphere was 94416 bytes ...

Also found this as a multi payload reboot solution:
    https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/Payload_Launcher

Last edited by Escape1975, Jan 17, 2021
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Make sure the hekate payload .bin is the same version as the other Hekate files. I have only had issues with Hekate when I forgot to update the reboot_payload.bin or the payload.bin on my RCMloader dongle when updating the other files. Otherwise it just works.

5. LyuboA

LyuboA Unknown Entity

Bulgaria
    updater2p=1 replaces reboot_payload.bin with hekate payload and you can make hekate to automatically boot into Atmosphere on reboot and when you want to go into hekate on reboot or boot just pres volume minus button
    and the best multi paoad launcher like i said already is FastCFWSwitch plugin for Tesla Menu
    i have FastCFWSwitch plugin setup to reboot into Atmosphere with fusee-primary and fusee-secondary and directly in Hekate and into SXOS too its the most convenient way to reboot you can put many payloads i use hekate payload for all and you only need to update hekate payload when you update hekate so FastCFWSwitch can continue work

6. Escape1975

Newcomer

Canada
    Newest Atmosphere and Hekate straight from github ...
    Running sysNAND with the below config, and after replacing reboot_payload.bin with Hekate,
    and doing a reboot from atmosphere it just goes black .. not sure so I swapped the Atmosphere
    original reboot_payload.bin back in there for now ... Although it seems Hekate replaces it anyways
    when updater2p=1 is set, instead of the default '0' option.

[config]
    autoboot=0
    autoboot_list=0
    autohosoff=1
    autonogc=1
    backlight=100
    bootwait=3
    updater2p=1

[Atmosphere sysNAND]
    emummc_force_disable=1
    fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
    kip1patch=nosigchk

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Did you rename Hekate to reboot_to_payload.bin?

8. Escape1975

Newcomer

Canada
    it was weird because now i just left all the files as they were originally and it works, what i’ve noticed is that updater2p=1 actually puts a different sized bin file than the actual size of hekate.bin so it somehow creates it on the fly ... but it does work :)

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    That is because the Hekate payload you push has a size constraint due to the exploit. The reboot_to_payload does not share that same constraint because it is not the same as the initial payload that was pushed.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - reboot_payload, replaced, restart