Mooninite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Again I’m very new, recently hardmodded my switch lite with an SX Lite chip. I’ve been told through a reddit post that it’s possible to use reboot to payload to switch between SX OS and Atmosphere, however I have no idea where to get started. First of all is this even possible? If so, could you guide me to basic instructions, it would be greatly appreciated.

I’m doing this because I know Atmosphere is more supported with GameCube and Dreamcast emulation and that’s what I’m really looking for until SX OS gets its own stable version in the future.

thank you

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only that, the rebooting to payload does not work on Mariko consoles. I don't know the exact reason why but it has to do with the exploit.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using a system that's actually compatible with Atmosphere, you can substitute the reboot to payload bin with Hekate. Then, everytime you reboot to payload, you can select Atmosphere or SX OS from the list of payloads you have in the payloads folder from Hekate.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't think that is the case. If it was done via RCM you would need to inject the payload again.

Atmosphere injects to IRAM payload before rebooting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When using a system that's actually compatible with Atmosphere, you can substitute the reboot to payload bin with Hekate. Then, everytime you reboot to payload, you can select Atmosphere or SX OS from the list of payloads you have in the payloads folder from Hekate.
Hekate doesn't work at all with modchip. ;)

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is this possible to reboot to payload on Ipatched V1 Switch witch SX Core ? Because you can't do anything with RCM...
No, because it's patched.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Edit: not possible with Atmosphere way. Dunno if there is other method to accomplish this.

D

Deleted User

It doesn't (and won't ever) work on Mariko because the warmboot vulnerability is fixed. But it still works on a patched Erista.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse