Reason to stop smoking

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by grentuu, Aug 10, 2008.

1. grentuu
    OP

grentuu GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2007
    Wii started playing up a couple of weeks ago, kept getting DRE after DRE.

Then it started working again. Then it stopped and started again. Then it stopped for 3 days, just wouldn't read discs.

Then on Friday night it started reading them so I thought right thats it, 1 more time and its in the bin.
    Got up Saturday and it stopped wouldn't read anything.

Stripped it and geez.....it was minging internally. Most of it smoke. (its not like I smoke a lot but I have had it a year and a half.)
    It wouldn't clean up so had to fit new drive and swap wiikey over. Works a dream now.

Only thing was I couldn't get the homebrew channel to work. Reformatted the SD card, put the files back on and it wouldn't have it. I am running 3.3E so can't use the original twilight hack.

It was then I realised my daughter had put the GC card back in...... took the bloody thing out and it worked first time, now I can start playing my GH3 custom discs again.

Just need some nicotine patches now!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice