Reason to get the Gateway 3DS OMEGA over standard Gateway 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Dan_Tsukasa, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Dan_Tsukasa
    OP

Dan_Tsukasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2014
    Tokyo Japan
    Hey Guys.

I've got a 3DSXL Console running Firmware 8.1.0-19E, as it stands right now, from my understanding Gateway doesn't support this, but it will do when support arrives for 9.2.

Pretty sure if I try to update anything now its going to update straight to the newest version out so I'm avoiding doing this as I want to buy a Gateway 3DS before the new release is out and the prices skyrocket (since their customer base increases so much).

Buy over at http://www.gateway-3ds-buy.com they've got Gateway 3DS and also Gateway 3DS OMEGA, from reading up I can't really tell what the difference is or the benefit over having one compared to the other.

Would it be possible for someone to help me break it down a little, I imagine there are probably plenty of others wondering the same thing too so this topic should help them also.

2. satanicangel

satanicangel GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2010
    Malaysia
    Gateway OMEGA is just a version name(newer version). They are both versions that exist on the same Gateway card.

3. RachelB

RachelB GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2013
    United States
    It's just the name of the newer firmware versions. If they're selling them at different prices, it's a scam.

4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Hurry up and update to 9.2 before Nintendo pushes 9.3 out the door!!!

5. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    If I was shopping for a Gateway card on a website that was listing Gateway and Gateway Omega as seperate products I would immediately find another vendor........

mech likes this.
  6. themperror

themperror GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    So.. Does the gateway ALREADY supports 9.2? Because I ordered one a few days ago.. Can I just update it and play on my 9.2 3DS?

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    supposedly once gateway releases the new update.....but not until the new update is released

8. ScarletCrystals

ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Apr 9, 2010
    Canada
    Bamboo Forest, Gensokyo
    No, but Gateway has released a video proving that it does work on 9.2
    It's unknown how long it'll take for them to release it however.

9. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    At the time of writing this post, the latest version is still 9.2 so go ahead and update ASAP.

You can buy a Gateway at any time, but you have a very limited window to update to 9.2. That window will close soon.

10. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    Aslong as you are sat on 9.0 or 9.1 or 9.2 you can use gateway when they release the update.

11. Dan_Tsukasa
    OP

Dan_Tsukasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2014
    Tokyo Japan
    Updated my 3DS, hadn't realized there was a new update coming, I don't really pay all that much attention to it, as I mostly use my 3DS for a few select games and a lot of older DS games (which work regardless of firmware fortunately).

12. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    All the budding 9.2 users on here, you might be waiting a while. I'm assuming everyone remembers the gap between the announcement of gateway 2.0 and the actual release? :rofl:

13. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    AFAIK 9.2 is still the latest update so it would be wise to update now while you still have the chance.
    There are no games out yet with a 9.x update included, they may even skip that update entirely in retail cartridges to make it harder for pirates, so now might be your only chance to get a supported firmware version, unless you buy a New 3DS which comes with 9.x already on it. (9.0 I believe)