Hacking Reason to get the Gateway 3DS OMEGA over standard Gateway 3DS?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,027
  • Replies 12
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey Guys.

I've got a 3DSXL Console running Firmware 8.1.0-19E, as it stands right now, from my understanding Gateway doesn't support this, but it will do when support arrives for 9.2.

Pretty sure if I try to update anything now its going to update straight to the newest version out so I'm avoiding doing this as I want to buy a Gateway 3DS before the new release is out and the prices skyrocket (since their customer base increases so much).

Buy over at http://www.gateway-3ds-buy.com they've got Gateway 3DS and also Gateway 3DS OMEGA, from reading up I can't really tell what the difference is or the benefit over having one compared to the other.

Would it be possible for someone to help me break it down a little, I imagine there are probably plenty of others wondering the same thing too so this topic should help them also.

RachelB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just the name of the newer firmware versions. If they're selling them at different prices, it's a scam.

themperror

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So.. Does the gateway ALREADY supports 9.2? Because I ordered one a few days ago.. Can I just update it and play on my 9.2 3DS?

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey Guys.

I've got a 3DSXL Console running Firmware 8.1.0-19E, as it stands right now, from my understanding Gateway doesn't support this, but it will do when support arrives for 9.2.

Pretty sure if I try to update anything now its going to update straight to the newest version out so I'm avoiding doing this as I want to buy a Gateway 3DS before the new release is out and the prices skyrocket (since their customer base increases so much).

Buy over at http://www.gateway-3ds-buy.com they've got Gateway 3DS and also Gateway 3DS OMEGA, from reading up I can't really tell what the difference is or the benefit over having one compared to the other.

Would it be possible for someone to help me break it down a little, I imagine there are probably plenty of others wondering the same thing too so this topic should help them also.
At the time of writing this post, the latest version is still 9.2 so go ahead and update ASAP.

You can buy a Gateway at any time, but you have a very limited window to update to 9.2. That window will close soon.

D

Deleted-355425

OP
Aslong as you are sat on 9.0 or 9.1 or 9.2 you can use gateway when they release the update.

D

Deleted User

OP
Updated my 3DS, hadn't realized there was a new update coming, I don't really pay all that much attention to it, as I mostly use my 3DS for a few select games and a lot of older DS games (which work regardless of firmware fortunately).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey Guys.

AFAIK 9.2 is still the latest update so it would be wise to update now while you still have the chance.
There are no games out yet with a 9.x update included, they may even skip that update entirely in retail cartridges to make it harder for pirates, so now might be your only chance to get a supported firmware version, unless you buy a New 3DS which comes with 9.x already on it. (9.0 I believe)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality