Reason #673 why I now really f*cking hate Sony.

shadowwarrior999

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
......*reads it 10 more times*..........*reads it one more time*..ok now im fucking mad i pre-ordered a wii and a a ps3 and now its gone...
*gets out 10 shot guns* lets go kill some $ony

/goes out and buys a Xbox 360 and some games

Ps $ony you suck cock
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony responded, "The purchasing of PSP consoles by SCE employees would be for investigatory purposes. We would also like to express our surprise at a company releasing personal information about its consumers, as this is contrary to data protection principles around the world."

So if I were to buy a ps2 and purchase a modchip for it, when Sony came knocking on my door could I claim that I purchased the modchip for investigatory purposes so it's ok? Sounds like they think they are the judge and jury all in one.

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will also boycott Sony. Shit, I dunno the last time I bought ANY Sony product. They haven't been near the top for products in YEARS. F them. The best thing to do is BUY & PROMOTE the Wii so Nintendo will shove Sony's dicks in the dirt!

stinkingbob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sony does suck fat dick. I will never purchase a sony product again. I was going to get a PS2, but now, fuck em. I am taking my money to Nintendo.
But you know, that ruling will hurt all these other stores that sell modded, chipped or hoome dev kits. You bet divineo, modchipstore, foundmy, etc will be the next to get the axe. So guys, if you are going to buy some nds or game console dev kits, buy it now cuz I bet those assholes will se them out of business to.

|WickeD&#12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bummer to see this happen to such a good company. i got my navyblue dslite from them along with a gbamp. very good customer serivce and great company. sry to see sony screw them like this

*lites one up for lik-sang*

I still use my lik-sang strap on my hori ds case lik-sang forever!

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sony responded, "The purchasing of PSP consoles by SCE employees would be for investigatory purposes. We would also like to express our surprise at a company releasing personal information about its consumers, as this is contrary to data protection principles around the world."

So if I were to buy a ps2 and purchase a modchip for it, when Sony came knocking on my door could I claim that I purchased the modchip for investigatory purposes so it's ok? Sounds like they think they are the judge and jury all in one.

This part really gets me. I'm going to be sony hating for a long time for sure...investigatory purposes....what a pile of crap. Probably investigatory for their developers to run isos off memory sticks on psps as well (no, not because it runs faster, saves more power). I am hopefully that the ps3 will fail now because this is just bad conduct for a company of this size...I deal with this everyday @ work as well and I'm sick of seeing bigger companies pulling this crap on small companies just because they can.

iMad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh **** I still have around $70 store credit at Lik-Sang and I can't be refunded by Paypal because it doesn't work in my country :angry: gess I will ask for a refund by bank transfer which will have fees.

Anyway it's sad to see Lik-Sang closing just because of being barred from selling Sony products in UK only. But there are still good stores out there like Play-Asia

dimsum411

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Closing down independant retailers should be banned from capitalism, and the only way we can make this heard is through boycott.
I stumbled upon a nice copy-pastable text we can all use while writing to our good friends at sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Thank you, Anonymous.

QUOTE said:
Hello sony,

It has come to my attention that your legal attacks against the online retailer lik-sang.com has lead to its closure. I had supported this retailer in the past, and some of their items lead me to purchase more sony products.

Due to your unethical legal attacks on them, I have decided to boycott your company. I have been a gamer for my entire life, so this is no small commitment.

I look forward to the games of your competitors, and hope you fail.

Of course, if you never were a customer, or don't want to boycott, disregard that, etc, etc.
I'm personally ashamed I bought Shadow of the Colossus. (it was a disappointing game anyway)

Shadow of the Colossus was disappointing? It was like Zelda, without the tedious dungeons.
wink.gif
But I digress, Sony can take their shiny box and shove it!

leetdood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've gotta say.. this looks like their plan. Otherwise, I can't possibly imagine their plan for the PS3. They've made so many mistakes in the last year that I can't just imagine them as a corporation anymore. Bastards.

santakuroosu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Even though I am sad that Lik-Sang had to shut down, they were aware that Sony was onto them for selling PSPs to other regions.
They decided to go with the "We're in Hong Kong, you can't touch us!" approach instead of playing it safe.
Bad move Lik-Sang.
Why not just stop selling Sony porducts if you disliked them?

blackeromegalon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Even though I am sad that Lik-Sang had to shut down, they were aware that Sony was onto them for selling PSPs to other regions.
They decided to go with the "We're in Hong Kong, you can't touch us!" approach instead of playing it safe.
Bad move Lik-Sang.
Why not just stop selling Sony porducts if you disliked them?

Why didn't they go after othersites like Play-Asia (or did they do that)?

laugh.gif
@ Sony acting like they did it for the consumers.

xlinkinpakx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh no!  First play-asia stopped shipping PSP titles to europe and now that ... 
cry.gif

I really hate Sony for doing these things! Good choice I already made the decision to never buy a $ony product again after they announced that the lawsuit will propably take liksang down and also that I immediately stopped buying games for my PSP (cancelled three pre-orders). Even better that I didn't buy that much games for my PSP in the first place!! Those goddamn morons! I'm about to smash this thing to pieces ...

Welll At least its easy to smash because its a psp, one shot would be more then enough...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16