Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller keeps waking PC and re-arming itself when disabled

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I seem to be dealing with a strange problem. On my desktop PC, I'm using Windows 10 and it keeps waking up at around midnight and 6 am, because of the device ‘Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller,’ also waking me up in the process. I have revoked its wake privileges twice now, but it keeps regaining them somehow. Any idea as to how I could solve this?

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
‘Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller,’ is Ethernet where internet adapter is on your motherboard.

My computer do same wake up sometimes and I disabled it in device manger for wake up. It's work flawless to remove very annoy for no reasons to wake up computer. :)

Go to: Start --> Control Panel --> Device Manager and look for Realtek PCIe GbE, Ethernet, Wifi, etc from Network adapters list

Search for checked box then click to remove checked in box.

Unchecked box - Allow this device to wake the computer

My screenshot about my Atheros Ethernet - box is unchecked means no more bother to wake up computer anymore.

upload_2021-6-16_1-21-51.png

Then done. ;)

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
‘Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller,’ is Ethernet where internet adapter is on your motherboard.

My computer do same wake up sometimes and I disabled it in device manger for wake up. It's work flawless to remove very annoy for no reasons to wake up computer. :)

Go to: Start --> Control Panel --> Device Manager and look for Realtek PCIe GbE, Ethernet, Wifi, etc from Network adapters list

Search for checked box then click to remove checked in box.

Unchecked box - Allow this device to wake the computer

My screenshot about my Atheros Ethernet - box is unchecked means no more bother to wake up computer anymore.

View attachment 267132

Then done. ;)
I have revoked its wake privileges twice now, but it keeps regaining them somehow.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to be dealing with a strange problem. On my desktop PC, I'm using Windows 10 and it keeps waking up at around midnight and 6 am, because of the device ‘Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller,’ also waking me up in the process. I have revoked its wake privileges twice now, but it keeps regaining them somehow. Any idea as to how I could solve this?
Not sure why it would keep re-enabling itself, but wouldn't it waking up the PC suggest that something is sending it a wake-on-lan message? Might be a good idea to check your BIOs to see if you have the option to turn that off.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
disable it in device manager.
You're the second person to not read the OP. Nice work.

Not sure why it would keep re-enabling itself, but wouldn't it waking up the PC suggest that something is sending it a wake-on-lan message? Might be a good idea to check your BIOs to see if you have the option to turn that off.
have you checked in the bios, if you have pci wake enabled?
Try disabling that
Thanks, I'll check my BIOS in a bit.

Probably re-enabled by driver updates, some intel mainboards reset the settings with each update, and w10 tends to auto-update these drivers.
Well, that sounds annoying.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're the second person to not read the OP. Nice work.

Thanks, I'll check my BIOS in a bit.

Well, that sounds annoying.

You clearly don't understand what I said. Disable the actual device, not the "wake on lan", or power settings. Right click on device, then disable.

Or, be a dick, and keep having the issue, doesn't matter to me.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
You clearly don't understand what I said. Disable the actual device, not the "wake on lan", or power settings. Right click on device, then disable.

Or, be a dick, and keep having the issue, doesn't matter to me.
Okay, wait, let me get this straight: are you suggesting me to outright disable my Ethernet port?

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat