Hacking Really weird problem

matt9837

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, I have 2 MicroSD cards for my TTDS flash cart, I usually put all homebrew on the smaller one (2GB), and all my .nds files on the bigger one (4GB)

First, recently, my 4GB card went corrupt or something and had to re-format.
Secondly, I got the 1.17a menu, and it was fine, until...
Thirdly, I put a few games on it, and yesterday, MapleStory DS,

So now, I tried playing it once, it worked fine, later, it froze, and so did all the other games I had!
But on the homebrew card: I played it once, fine, second time, fine, third time, fine, and so on...

Not only that, but my 4GB card runs very slow when scrolling, everything else is fine,

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
3 things

1)Try using panasonic sd formatter
2)Use ysmenu instead
3)Get a new sd card(Seen people have problems with 4gb micro sd cards)

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
matt9837 said:
Okay, so, I have 2 MicroSD cards for my TTDS flash cart, I usually put all homebrew on the smaller one (2GB), and all my .nds files on the bigger one (4GB)

First, recently, my 4GB card went corrupt or something and had to re-format.
Secondly, I got the 1.17a menu, and it was fine, until...
Thirdly, I put a few games on it, and yesterday, MapleStory DS,

So now, I tried playing it once, it worked fine, later, it froze, and so did all the other games I had!
But on the homebrew card: I played it once, fine, second time, fine, third time, fine, and so on...

Not only that, but my 4GB card runs very slow when scrolling, everything else is fine,

Does anyone know what the problem is?
When you say it 'froze' do you mean in game or while you are in TTMenu or YSMenu?

Check your 4GB on your PC and see if you have a 0kb .sav files....if so, delete them

raya2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem and one of my 4GB SD cards hanging up before the games start (in the menu) (all of games)
I formated it with windows format tool but it didn't help.

one more question : What is the best allocation size is suitable in the format option for sd cards ? 128 ? 512 ? default ? ... ?

Phr3d13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raya2 said:
I have the same problem and one of my 4GB SD cards hanging up before the games start (in the menu) (all of games)

one more question : What is the best allocation size is suitable in the format option for sd cards ? 128 ? 512 ? default ? ... ?

32kb cluster size for 4 gig cards, that will speed up your menu scrolling and will get your games loading faster

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raya2 said:

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
seahorsepip said:
ttds doesn't support higher then 2gb so it will work nut chrashes some times and will be slow like on the original r4ds with microsdhc
IT SUPPORTS SDHC

Blitz_25

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I'm getting the same problem too, it's just that every time it creates a sav it freezes. Sometimes it works but when I turn off then on, it freezes when I go to the game:S I also have a 4 gig SDHC, i formatted it using both windows and Panasonic format

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
reasons why you got that problem:

- fragmented card
- slow card
- corrupted files

to fix it:

- format your memcard with 32kbit cluster size for 4gb SDHC cards and 64kbit for Cards that is 8gb and above; if you have less than or equal(

Blitz_25

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tried it....still nothing it's only when it creates a sav it freezes, however in the YSMenu, when the reset is unchecked, it creates a sav and it works, but still freezes when you turn it off and the sav turns 0 kb

Blitz_25

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nope everything is in place btw, I tried loading the game using the TTMenu instead of the ysmenu, and it turns out that it created a proper 512KB sav file and works perfectly
yaynds.gif

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
^well that was nice.. though YSMENU and Original TTMENU a12 have no problems.. (YSMENU is associated with Moonshell2) so i dont have problems both concerns about sav creation.

I only use TTMENU if i want to activate some cheats, that you know, some cheats doesnt actually work properly on YSMENU, because of the cheatfile is actually encrypted.

-=-=-

but you might need to investigate a little about your kernel, except if you really know that your DSTT is clone. because YSMENU can barely work on clones because of their DLDI is different on official TTIO DLDI.

Blitz_25

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yupp..I'm pretty sure mine is not a clone though, I got mine way before they were selling the clones.

And also this incident started to happen after I updated the recent exinfo.dat, savlib.dat and the infolib.dat in order to fix the PokemonHGSS
blink.gif

raya2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
And also this incident started to happen after I updated the recent exinfo.dat, savlib.dat and the infolib.dat

like me - my problem in freezing started when I updated to the latest exinfo.dat, savlib.dat and the infolib.dat - I also returned to the original 1.17a12 but it didnt help...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality