Really weird problem with backup loaders

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by anongos, Jul 29, 2009.

Jul 29, 2009
  1. anongos
    OP

Newcomer anongos Newbie

United States
    The loaders (neogamma backup loader, usbloader gx) both load the game fine... for the first time. What I mean is I load a game, it works perfectly. But once I exit to the Wii menu afterwards, whenever I try to load the game again (using either), it will just stay at a black screen. Then I'm forced to completely reset the Wii (even unplugging it) for it to load the game again. It's always like that. I wonder if there is a solution to this since it's starting to get bothersome to do that. I'm using an external hard drive for my games.

2. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States

Are you using cIOS ver13? There was a known bug in that revision in which you have to reboot before loading another game. Upgrade to the new rev14 and try again:

http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko

3. anongos
    OP

Newcomer anongos Newbie

United States
    I think so, but I'm not exactly sure. In the neogamma screen it says
    "Neogamma R6, IOS249 (Rev 13)"

At the link you provided me, it says cIOS38. Is it safe to use that when my Wii says mine is IOS249?

EDIT:
    Nevermind, I got it working perfectly fine. Thanks zektor.

4. Golfje

Member Golfje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands

Just download CIOS38 rev14 and run rename ciosrev14installer.dol to boot.dol and run it with your homebrew channel... You will see that when you start a new game the blackscreen problem is solved.