OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
So here is the story:
In Europe there was no club Nintendo in Austria, my country. So everybody just created german accounts to link to club nintendo for the rewards. easy.
So now there IS a club nintendo in our country and we all were advised to move to austria because of better benefits. now here is where it gets ugly.

you CANT change counry on a NNID BUT the NNID doesnt work if the system country and the NNID country dont match. you also cant link a austrian club nintendo shop to a german system so you have to set the system to austria.
now moving club nintendo from germany to austria was easy. changing the system country is easy too. BUT since you cant change NNID country you HAVE to delete that NNID and create a new one, resulting in data loss on the eShop (i lost 25 euros i didn't know my fiance loaded onto the system as surprise) but also in loss of that ID name, forcing the user to pick a new name and completely rework all friend list data. furthermore you ahve to do this with a new Mii since if you delete your mii you delete all your ave files.

so i have done that incredibly slow and crigneworthy procedure since its all set up so riddiciulously consumer unfriendly. so i managed to set all this up, changed e-mail adress on the NNID to get my old e-mail back, changed mii to not lose data, all that worked. it was long and riddiculous but that worked.
so i deleted the account not knowing i also deleted those 25 bucks. sucks but i should have looked before, my mistake.

and now im pissed. because the NNID was already linked to my german club nintendo account. So now i cant link my new NNID to my austrian account because the e-mail i use (and changed before i deleted it) is already in use by the old, DELETED NNID. so not only was everything for the fishes as we tend to say, i also lost 25 bucks, CANT link to ANY club nintendo account anymore AND wasted hours of my day for this.

i wrote nintendo a mail and all i got was a well written SORRY.

now i am pissed...

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't take no for an answer. Kick and scream, make a huge fuss. Tell them you want your 25 euros back or you'll get your local authority involved.

Reactions: Slamicite

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
the problem is that i clicked ACCEPT when deleting that account. its not nintendos fault i didnt bother to check if there was money on the NNID.
what point is a NNID anyway if everything is console specific? and what point is it that things are console specific if the money is lost when the NNID is deleted?
its a riddiculous system...

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
the problem is that i clicked ACCEPT when deleting that account. its not nintendos fault i didnt bother to check if there was money on the NNID.
what point is a NNID anyway if everything is console specific? and what point is it that things are console specific if the money is lost when the NNID is deleted?
its a riddiculous system...

You're preaching to the choir, mate. I've bought nothing at all from the Wii U eShop after what happened with my Wii. It broke down and my options were pay £80 for a repair and keep all my VC games, or pay £40 for a replacement Wii that I couldn't transfer my data to (and just play the VC games on emulators). I also got a "sorry" email. Per-console purchases are stupid and it's a shame people aren't more aware of the consequences of what can happen when your data is not transferable in scenarios like this.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I don`t really understand why you created a german NNID in the first place. I had a german club nintendo account, too, and registerd my retail games and the hardware with star cards to get rewards. But obviously this was not allowed and everybody knew it. There is a difference between entering a few numbers of star codes and registering a whole online system, choosing a NNID and using the e-shop with real money in another country when you know that this is against the ToS.

I was really surprised that Nintendo even offered moving club Nintendo accounts from germany to austria.
I had no problems. They moved my account with all star points and I even got 1000 points welcome bonus. Now I am registering my 3DS and Wii U.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
they moved my account as well but not my NNID.

suppose somebody actually mvoes from germany to austria, tehy automatically void teh TOS so the TOS are shit as well.
al i want is to connect my austrian club nintendo with my austrian Wii U - cant be that much to ask! they didntlet me connect my austrian wii u to my german club nintendo in the first place, that swhy i ahd to make a german account. its not like i was asking for that-.-

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So here is the story:
In Europe there was no club Nintendo in Austria, my country. So everybody just created german accounts to link to club nintendo for the rewards. easy.
So now there IS a club nintendo in our country and we all were advised to move to austria because of better benefits. now here is where it gets ugly.

you CANT change counry on a NNID BUT the NNID doesnt work if the system country and the NNID country dont match. you also cant link a austrian club nintendo shop to a german system so you have to set the system to austria.
now moving club nintendo from germany to austria was easy. changing the system country is easy too. BUT since you cant change NNID country you HAVE to delete that NNID and create a new one, resulting in data loss on the eShop (i lost 25 euros i didn't know my fiance loaded onto the system as surprise) but also in loss of that ID name, forcing the user to pick a new name and completely rework all friend list data. furthermore you ahve to do this with a new Mii since if you delete your mii you delete all your ave files.

so i have done that incredibly slow and crigneworthy procedure since its all set up so riddiciulously consumer unfriendly. so i managed to set all this up, changed e-mail adress on the NNID to get my old e-mail back, changed mii to not lose data, all that worked. it was long and riddiculous but that worked.
so i deleted the account not knowing i also deleted those 25 bucks. sucks but i should have looked before, my mistake.

and now im pissed. because the NNID was already linked to my german club nintendo account. So now i cant link my new NNID to my austrian account because the e-mail i use (and changed before i deleted it) is already in use by the old, DELETED NNID. so not only was everything for the fishes as we tend to say, i also lost 25 bucks, CANT link to ANY club nintendo account anymore AND wasted hours of my day for this.

i wrote nintendo a mail and all i got was a well written SORRY.

now i am pissed...
I think if you had contacted them in the first place they would have been able to do something to solve the issue but at least you might be able to get your money back.
The whole thing with moving Club Nintendo accounts is not something I have heard of people being able to do before and it's probably new for Nintendo as well. That very issue you were having is something they had probably not accounted for, and they should be interested in solving it if informed about it, or at least help individuals who have trouble.

That said, our country does not have Club Nintendo either, but I have avoided registering my UK CN account with my Wii U and 3DS because that would require permanently changing the region in my system settings and that didn't seem like a good idea. You are probably not meant to do that in the first place.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
I have the same problem, Nintendo obviously didn't think that through (they had to know a lot of Austrians registered a German account and they probably didn't make this a problem on purpose - I don't believe Nintendo is that unfriendly towards their Austrian customers).
I currently can't try that on my Wii U - but can't I just unlink my NNID and Club Nintendo account? That way I'd keep the German eShop account, my NNID (including many premium points), Mii and save data. I could live with losing only the connection between the accounts.
By the way, it doesn't seem to be a problem on the 3DS: My German eShop account is still linked to my Austrian Club Nintendo account, there was no problem whatsoever downloading a new 3DS demo today. Of course, I have to change the system region to Germany every time I enter the 3DS eShop.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Tl;Dr: Region locking sucks. Amirite?
Region locking is one thing - I can abide that.
Country locking between countries that share the same language, currency and have no borders between them is a different thing - this should really be a thing of the past by now. If I always was allowed to open bank accounts in Germany, why wasn't I allowed to open a Club Nintendo account (note to foreigners: there was no Club Nintendo or any rewards program in Austria before today) ? Nintendo of Europe still has a lot to learn about how to properly do business in the EU. I admit, it's a difficult market with all those different languages and jurisdictions, but it holds a lot of potential. Nintendo must have recognized this, they started the Club Nintendo program for a number of other European countries, too. So maybe they'll sort this out. But to be honest, Nintendo sometimes is a bit ... slow.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Its not about region locking, no...

so nintendo has unlocked my mail, i can now connect the new NNID with my club nintendo account and i am glad for that. still no word on thsoe 25 bucks thogh.
what pisses me off even more is that i just learned that ALL my game saves (excluding nintendoland for some reason) have vanished - i have to start all over again with my games. i dont have a problem with that for zombiu or need for speed since i play them to just run/drive around a little anyway and was not very far but it really annoys me with sonic and all stars racing as i have unlocked almost everything and got almost 200 stars. this REALLY pisses me off. why they did that no clue since the Mii I use is still there. also no clue why nintendoland has still all saves...

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Sooooo...
I was able to try my Wii U today. EzekielRage, please tell me if I understood your situation correctly:
You had a German Club Nintendo account that was transferred to Austria on August 1st, a German eShop/NNID account and "Germany" as your country in the system settings.
You were unable to use your NNID after your Club Nintendo account was transferred (even though NNID and Club Nintendo accounts are seperate and can always be unlinked!).

If this was your situation as well, I can't reproduce the problem. Everything is working as it was before the Club Nintendo transfer, that is, I have a German eShop/NNID account linked with my now-Austrian Club Nintendo account.
So I either misunderstood your situation or Nintendo already fixed this?

EDIT: I also tried changing the country to "Austria" in the system settings. This caused the problem you were also having, i.e. not being able to login with my German NNID anymore. Simply reversing the country setting to "Germany" fixed it again. If you haven't yet deleted your old NNID try this, you might still have your 25 € on the other country's eshop.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
You kinda misunderstood the problem I HAD (had as in not really anymore, see above)

The problem was that after the club nintendo transfer my club nintendo account and my NNID were no longer connected due to different country settings. i could not re-connect them because of the different countries. its the same thing that you cant use a english speaking eShop in Austria. My WiiU is set to english but the eShop resets to german because fuck you thats why I suppose. if somebody cant speak german, well fuck them i guess. After a short e-mail to nintendo they explicitly told me to delete my NNID and get a new one for my country which I did and THATS what caused all the problems.

My club nintendo account and my NEW NNID now work but the 25 bucks are gone so are my savefiles for every game EXCEPT nintendoland which is weird sicne i kept my mii. i managed to unlock a lot in a very long gamesession yesterday and that was not that big of a problem but the 25 bucks really hurt. I still hope nintendo can put those back onto my new account, shouldnt be too hard for them, similar name, same e-maila dress same password same name same mii, same wiiu same user.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
The problem was that after the club nintendo transfer my club nintendo account and my NNID were no longer connected due to different country settings.
Than that's weird, because I'm in the same situation (German NNID and Austrian Club Nintendo account), and the accounts are still connected and working fine.
Try setting your system's country to "Germany", create a new NNID and open the eShop, your money might still be there - Nintendo keeps seperate eShop accounts for each country. If it works, buy some stuff you want, change the country to "Austria" again and you can use the stuff you downloaded with your proper Austrian NNID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte