Hacking (Really need help) Games not shown in menu after smash bros. installation

melankolis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
SOLVED

Hi, i really need help from all of you. Suddenly my 3DS XL failed to show the games i've already installed afer Super Smash Bros Installation. Here's the chronology :
1. Installed Super Smash Bros.
2. Tried to play it but Black Screen occured
3. I deleted the installation of Super Smash Bros via PC (not by dev menu)
4. The icon of Super Smash Bros still appeared and i want to get rid of it
5. Tried to reinstall Super Smash Bros via FBI (i expected after installation, then i uninstall it from dev menu).....But failed (i forgot what FBI said)
6. Next time i boot to emunand in RXtools mode, the games and apps (incl. FBI and Dev Menu) i've already installed disappeared.

My unit :
1. 3DS XL Japan Sysnand FW. 4.4
2. Emunand US 10.3
3. RXtools 2.6
4. SD Card Sandisk Class 10 32GB

I really appreciate if the solution you offer doesn't necessarily for me to format emunand, changing emunand region from JP to US was a pain in the ass, i'm not sure i can do that again....Thank you all.

Last edited by melankolis,

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried deleting Smash Bros through the 3DS Software data management in the System Settings? I'm not sure it's safe because I have heard that will delete all the games you've installed, but I haven't tried it.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried deleting Smash Bros through the 3DS Software data management in the System Settings? I'm not sure it's safe because I have heard that will delete all the games you've installed, but I haven't tried it.

I think that was only sysnand on linked nands

Reactions: Hoppy

melankolis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

It's on my mind. Haven't tried it. Where do i do that? only on emunand or on sysnand - emunand?. I don't mind if it wipe out my previously installed games and saves. But is it safe to assume that my Emunand will be as it is? (US Emunand 10.3).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you sure your sd card is real? Where did you buy it

Of course it's real! I've installed 20+ GB games and no problem occured until Smash Bros incident which i think its'a database related problem.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It's on my mind. Haven't tried it. Where do i do that? only on emunand or on sysnand - emunand?. I don't mind if it wipe out my previously installed games and saves. But is it safe to assume that my Emunand will be as it is? (US Emunand 10.3).

EmuNAND - if your nands are unlinked then it won't be in your sysNAND anyway.

melankolis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
EmuNAND - if your nands are unlinked then it won't be in your sysNAND anyway.
How do i know that my sysnand and emunand unlinked?. In my Nintendo 3DS foler on my SD Card there are 2 folders with random numbers & letter, and there's no change in Sysnand after i do this and do that on my emunand. Is it safe to assume that my Sysnand-Emunand unlinked?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
How do i know that my sysnand and emunand unlinked?. In my Nintendo 3DS foler on my SD Card there are 2 folders with random numbers & letter, and there's no change in Sysnand after i do this and do that on my emunand. Is it safe to assume that my Sysnand-Emunand unlinked?
Yes, your emuNAND and sysNAND sound unlinked. You can be extra sure by trying to set different theme colours in sys and emu, if the changes don't stick (eg you make sys red, make emu blue, then go back to sys and it's gone blue) then you're not unlinked, if the changes stick you're unlinked.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, your emuNAND and sysNAND sound unlinked. You can be extra sure by trying to set different theme colours in sys and emu, if the changes don't stick (eg you make sys red, make emu blue, then go back to sys and it's gone blue) then you're not unlinked, if the changes stick you're unlinked.

melankolis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Solved. I went into data management, there's an icon "?" with only 4 KB size. I deleted it and everything goes back to normal. Thanks to Jackson S, Ronhero, and Quantumcat, you're all very helpful.

Last edited by melankolis,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended