Hacking Really confused about my Wii U hack situation regarding Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Machismo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I posted this elsewhere, but I'm really confused, and about half way done with this situation, so I'm trying to get it done before work. I have a hacked Wii U. I am using an SD card and CB Haxchi, and I just got myself a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X as a digital back up. I don't trust my Wii U to read discs much longer. I have three things that appear in the loader. The game, the dlc, and the v48 update. They all have the XBCX logo, but only the game itself will naturally load, but it loads to its original version.

Basically, what I'm asking is how I get the game up to date? How do I update it and apply the dlc? I'm sure this is asked a lot, and I've already tried looking through the stickies, but it honestly makes my head hurt. I'm pretty new to all of this. Just looking to make sure all my games and saves are archived. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Alright, so I posted this elsewhere, but I'm really confused, and about half way done with this situation, so I'm trying to get it done before work. I have a hacked Wii U. I am using an SD card and CB Haxchi, and I just got myself a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X as a digital back up. I don't trust my Wii U to read discs much longer. I have three things that appear in the loader. The game, the dlc, and the v48 update. They all have the XBCX logo, but only the game itself will naturally load, but it loads to its original version.

Basically, what I'm asking is how I get the game up to date? How do I update it and apply the dlc? I'm sure this is asked a lot, and I've already tried looking through the stickies, but it honestly makes my head hurt. I'm pretty new to all of this. Just looking to make sure all my games and saves are archived. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Well i´m not sure if i understand everything what u said but...
Use WUP Installer via homebrew channel, because if u have Haxchi custom boot i suppose u have the homebrew channel already, and then install the update and dlc that´s what i did... the part that i don´t understand, is where did you get the game from?? For example, i get mine via Wii U USB helper, also the updates and dlcs and the process is the same for every game u want to install

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am assuming you have the title, dlc and update in WUP format? This would mean within your relevant folders there are files all named .app and .h3?

If so, simply install the game, then update then dlc in that order with WUP installer gx2 from your hbl.

If you have played the game previously and have existing save data, you will have to install only the game to your nand or move that folder to your usb device.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm using an SD card, and I've been loading the games from a launcher in the homebrew channel.
So you are using loadiine gx2 to load your games. This is not recommended as it's a very out of date piece of software that has various issues with dlc and updates ect plus no online play ect. It's recommended to directly install your games to nand or hdd storage. It's safe and simple to do and as @Lostbhoy has already pointed out if you have already being using a disc of the game you just need to install the game to the same place you have the updates and dlc installed to.

Machismo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the paid updates and dlc? So I basically need to get another format of the game then, because I had this one set up for loadiine. Interesting. Thank you so much. Still a bit confused, but the picture is coming into focus now.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The following assumes you have a CFW enabled. (Mocha or cbhc)

Grab yourself Wii U USB Helper. This will allow you to download the title, dlc and update in wup format and place downloaded folders into sd/install

Then grab WUP installer GX2 and put it into sd/wii u/apps. Load the app from your hbl and simply install them in order.... Title, update then dlc.

Once this is complete you will have the game installed directly to your Wii U menu with all bells and whistles included.

If you have previous save data (this will be on your nand storage) i recommend moving it to usb storage and then installing the game ect. This will ensure you keep your previous save data and all the downloaded data will install into the same folder. * For this to work, be sure you download the same region as the one tou have previously played or it will be a whole new game from the beginning. *

ALSO BE SURE TO HAVE CFW ENABLED IF USING TITLE FROM ANOTHER REGION.

Be sure to read the whole post as there are some prerequisites - https://gbatemp.net/threads/working-fix-easy-install-wii-u-usb-helper-0-6-1-655.535214/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wup-installer-gx2-rpx-channel.456199/
*choose the second link to download just the app - forwarder channel is optional*

Reactions: jeannotte

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure where updates go for loadiine, but I wouldn't use it mostly due to load times. I think star fox, for example, takes like twenty minutes to load up.

Machismo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a usb stick, and the wii u said I had to reformat it. Now, I'm trying to put things on it on the laptop, and it wants to reformat it again.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do not install Xenoblade X's DLC if you installed the game. The "DLC" is install data meant to speed up load times on the disc version only, not actual extra content.

Scrap your WUPs of the "DLC" and the update, and just install the game, then let the System Menu install the update.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I got a usb stick, and the wii u said I had to reformat it. Now, I'm trying to put things on it on the laptop, and it wants to reformat it again.
You cannot put the games on your device via laptop. Your laptop shouldn't even be able to read it if it's been formatted for wii u.

You are actually installing the games directly to that device via wup installer. The wup format games go on your sd card in the install folder which is read by wup installer and installed tobthe device from there.

Please note however, usb sticks are not recommended to install and run games from. A powered usb hdd/ssd or Y cable configuration is preferred.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16