Homebrew [Realease]Card1 <-> Card2 Converter

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .sav you created with a card1 game won't be touched by that conversion. You didn't lose your savegame but you havn't it in the card2 game either. It's laying on the SD Card and won't be used.
If you want to get it in the card2 converted game, follow this tutorial to extract the save files from the.sav, used in card1 game:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-export-import-save-games-to-3ds-3dz-retail-carts.391154/

The step you have to follow is Step A. Then you have extracted the .sav file.
After that you load the ROM from your card2 game and just import the extracted save into the CTR Card.

Thats it. So you can ex/import your savefile

If you need help, I had to use it since I want my saves in card2 games, too.

P.S: I thought it would be nice that a conversion from card2 to card1 didn't erase your save.
Look, if you don't delete it, the game doesn't work after the conversion. That's the reason why it has to be erased. But I can try to write a little bit extra code for that script to copy the data that will be erased into a separate file or something like that.
I don't know if this is a valuable savefile. That needs some research. But if you want that feature I will try my best to realize it.
Tried to convert sonic generations form card 1 to card 2 and it broke the game. Black screen on 3ds menu before 3ds logo could load to start the game. Converted it back to card 1 and the game works again. Will try another game and report back.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh maybe there are some games that doesn't work? What was it? Sonic Generations?
I will try this out.

Or maybe the conversion is region specific? I have to research that.
Maybe it doesn't work for trimmed card1 games? Even have to research that.

Last edited by onepiecefreak,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh maybe there are some games that doesn't work? What was it? Sonic Generations?
I will try this out.

+ I added a list of my tested games.

Or maybe the conversion is region specific? I have to research that.
Maybe it doesn't work for trimmed card1 games? Even have to research that.
Yeah. most of my games are of the usa region with a few jpn and euro region games and all of them except pokemon omega ruby and zelda triforce heroes are card 2 type games.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will research it. For the time being I will write a warning into the first post.

Edit: Ok, I tested Sonic Generations USA but it worked nice. Converted it into a card2 type and it saves properly to the ROM.
Can you tell me how big the file of the card1 type and card2 type version of your game is?

Reactions: cvskid

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could i use this to get my retail fantasy life save to my gateway cart, or would this only help protect that save after getting it to the gateway cart?

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you convert your game with my script you will lose your save for now. I would prefer the following way:
1. You backup your save from the retail card with the gateway launcher (and if not done yet your game itself).
2. Then you have to lay your backuped save on the internal SD of the 3DS named as <TITLEID_GAME>.sav and your game on the Gatewaycard.
3. Next you use the Savedatafiler to get your save as the right format (for now your game is card1. That means your savegame must be exported to another format.)
Hint: To export it the way you need it use this Thread and only follow Step A:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-export-import-save-games-to-3ds-3dz-retail-carts.391154/
4. NOW you convert your game to card2 with my script.
5. Then you put the converted version of the game to the Gatewaycard and mount it.
6. You start the Savedatafiler, go to the SD tab, choose the backuped save from step 3 and import it with L+A.
7. If nothing is wrong, your save was succesfully imported to the card2 game and can be properly used.

I used these steps by myself to import the saves for all my games.

Hope it does help.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you convert your game with my script you will lose your save for now. I would prefer the following way:
1. You backup your save from the retail card with the gateway launcher (and if not done yet your game itself).
2. Then you have to lay your backuped save on the internal SD of the 3DS named as <TITLEID_GAME>.sav and your game on the Gatewaycard.
3. Next you use the Savedatafiler to get your save as the right format (for now your game is card1. That means your savegame must be exported to another format.)
Hint: To export it the way you need it use this Thread and only follow Step A:
4. NOW you convert your game to card2 with my script.
5. Then you put the converted version of the game to the Gatewaycard and mount it.
6. You start the Savedatafiler, go to the SD tab, choose the backuped save from step 3 and import it with L+A.
7. If nothing is wrong, your save was succesfully imported to the card2 game and can be properly used.

I used these steps by myself to import the saves for all my games.

Hope it does help.
Takes a while to untrim the game but other then that, it works just fine now, thank you very much.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No problem. The thing is, it has to write all the "lost" bytes back to the file. He fills up the file with just FF until it reaches 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB. These are the common sizes Nintendo gives his games and all the bytes that are just filler are used to be a saveslot. Ergo, long time to untrim.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For now I think you should do the following:
*check if file isn't writeprotected
*move file to your main harddrive C:/
*rename your file that it hasn't any spaces.

if you want to keep the cmd window open, then press the windows button on your keyboard, write "cmd" to search field in the newly open window and press enter. If you execute the script in this window it wont be closed after a script error.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which game is it exactly. And the region. I will try it myself and maybe the error is with the game.

I also see you aren't reach the part where you confirm the conversion. That means your problem isn't the conversion. Good luck for me in the first place.

HolyAtro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Animal Crossing - Happy Home Designer, but I get the same problem for other games too. I'm only trying AP games, would that be a problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I will nvr say a FUQing Curse word Again :D