Hacking Real Time Clock Flashcarts

speaker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*rubs forehead*

A translation project for a game that completely relies on the real time clock business-- Mega Man Battle Network 4.5-- has just been announced with a 0.5ish release made. Fanatic that I am, I want to be able to play this thing on my game boy with the game-unique hardware and all such fun business.

Cursory poking-around-ness leads frightened, newbie lil' me to think the only readily available GBA flashcart is the EZ Flash IV, and that it doesn't play nice with real time clock... business I don't know the lingo gosh darn it. >>;;;;

SO

Is there a GBA flashcart still making the rounds that'll make use of real time clock features? It can be limited in many, many ways-- it's only this one game I want to play, it wouldn't have to play nice with DS's, and I don't mind battery changing happy-go-lucky-time.

Serious loads of thanks in advance. ^__^;

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to gamersection.ca and buy the M3 gba expansion pack, its like 30 dollars shipped. It will only come in the ds lite form, and wont have the extra shells. It's nice as can be and fits your requirements perfectly.

speaker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jimmy, that's DS Lite hardware. I don't think that'll play nice with my GBA SP. ^^;

This game's got a unique piece of hardware, a "Battle Chip Gate" that plugs in through the link cable slot, so getting this to work on the GBA is priority numero uno, I'm afraid.

Hyro-sama~! Your words fill me with great despair. Self-absorbed optimist that I am though, I want to ask (hope, really)-- is the M3 Perfect the only cart that'll do real time clock and play on a GBA? There's no cheaper option, no more readily available "slightly worse" possibility?

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jimmy, that's DS Lite hardware. I don't think that'll play nice with my GBA SP. ^^;

This game's got a unique piece of hardware, a "Battle Chip Gate" that plugs in through the link cable slot, so getting this to work on the GBA is priority numero uno, I'm afraid.

Hyro-sama~! Your words fill me with great despair. Self-absorbed optimist that I am though, I want to ask (hope, really)-- is the M3 Perfect the only cart that'll do real time clock and play on a GBA? There's no cheaper option, no more readily available "slightly worse" possibility?
See if alphamule has any extra ecube's for sale.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/321226-ecube-gameboy-advanced-development-kit-flash-cart/

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

opps.....I should have read better. :P

speaker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Todderbert... it won't let me look in there. T__T "[#10340] You do not have permission to view this topic."

I'm guessing new members aren't allowed within spitting distance of any trade/sell boards on the forum. -nod-nod- I definetly want to approach alphamule and ask if he's still selling, though...

For now, then, I'll pop over to the NDS boards and seek help for the bumps in the road my own translation project's been having. Even if it turns out alphamule's not got an ecube on hand, I'm convinced it'd be worth my while to stick around and get my post count up!

Thanks, everyone! Really do appreciate how fast and helpful the replies were. :D

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As it was said time and time again in this thread, an M3 for SLOT-1 is your only option. It's not *that* hard to find as some people claim, you can get it on auctions and some stores still carry it, albeit no longer in the premium package which featured a GBA-Style casing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night