Real-time Cheats?? Help...

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Dylaan, Jul 31, 2007.

Jul 31, 2007

Real-time Cheats?? Help... by Dylaan at 12:11 PM (825 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Dylaan
    OP

Member Dylaan GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Okay, I just updated to v1.11 firmware on my R4DS. One of the new features is a 'real-time cheat enable/disable' switch. I've tried both this forum and google and couldn't find an answer... Is there a way to disable cheats while you're in the middle of a game without soft-resetting, how, please explain... Oh, and is there real-time save support, don't think so but wondering?

Sorry if I sound like a n00b, truth is, I am. [​IMG]

2. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    No, you're not a n00b, you're a Newbie. n00bs are those who go around asking for GBA compat. on a SLOT 1 device without evening stopping to search around, or asking for ROMs when a massive release gets dumped (e.g. Pokemon Diamond, TLZ: PH).

Regarding your issue, you have to press L+R+START+DOWN in game to turn off the cheats you previously activated before loading the game, or L+R+START+UP to active them again.

Hope I helped. [​IMG]

Edit: Remember to turn on the option to enable toggling on/off in-game cheats on the Cheat menu before loading a game.

3. Dylaan
    OP

Member Dylaan GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Ahh, thanks! I tried that but I thought it would come up with a menu or the likes, so yeah my bad... Great response time on these forums, especially seeing though I'm in Australia and this time of night most forums are dead. (Americans gotta sleep I guess =P)

Oh, and I actually was quite frustrated by the fact I'd have to buy a Slot 2 device to play GBA games, but at least I did my research first hehe!

4. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Me too, I was hoping for a menu like the Cyclo Evo (if I'm not mistaken, it can pop up a menu in-game).

Well, I'm in Portugal, so it's GMT time zone, 12:23 p.m. here! [​IMG]

Yeah, well, the EZ 3 in 1 is the cheapest solution to play GBA. [​IMG]

5. myclock

Member myclock GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    many thanks for clearing this up [​IMG] i too was expecting a menu but now its all good [​IMG]

although what is this backlight cheat that everyone is talking about?

6. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    It's a cheat code that allows you to switch the brightness of the ds lite screen in game by pressing L+R+Select+up or down