Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hang on, a whut?

I'm pretty sure that you tried everything without a soundcard installed, but what exactly did you get? Why did you buy a soundcard instead of using the mobo's dac?

the sound of the Creative soundcard is really amazing! :) it is a better quality and you can turn on the speakers without any crizzly noises...:) so i would recommend one.. and yeah i ve tried that too

Do you have access to antother PSU? This sounds like a clear case of a bad PSU to me. That would explain the problems with both motherboards. Someone is going to argue with me but CPUs are pretty resilient. I'm not saying it isn't bad but odds are pretty good that it's not. You don't have that much stuff so even if you had a 300-500 watt PSU laying around, or someone has one you could borrow, it would be worth trying. I'm going to say, I'm about 95% sure it's your PSU.

Good luck.

man i am sorry... but i ve already tried another psu... and thats the point that leads me to the cpu ^^ i am not 100% sure if it is the cpu.. but i vent another option, otherwise i have to rma my mobo and everything else... expect the hdd... and ssd. ^^ i hope the problem is the cpu i hope it so dam much, cause i need it for videorendering and such stuff.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They are in Europe, if you want.

Most of EU, for first 2 years retailer has to deal with it. Of course you can go direct rma if it's quicker, but retailer has to take care of it if you want. Except UK, UK is generally 1 year at retailer (I can't remember why, something to do with we already had a consumer law covering something).

so you think that its ok to send it back to amazon? :)

Gabriel Mejia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://ark.intel.com/products/82931/Intel-Core-i7-5930K-Processor-15M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz
from what i can see there shouldn't be any problems
everything looks compatible the processor is even on the approved list for you motherboard,
i'm going to say it's a bad cpu,
the only other thing it could be is something not seated properly on the motherboard or the psu doesn't supply enough power which honestly your psu should not be a problem considering the amount of wattage you shouldn't have any problems considering you have more than enough headroom.

I just thought of something,
do you have a way to update the bios on the motherboard?
this might sound silly but
it may just need a bios update.

here's the latest bios for your motherboard

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb...1502.zip?_ga=1.170246503.632429347.1490513655

i would try updating the bios over the internet from the bios menu first before trying the asus link i posted.

Last edited by Gabriel Mejia,

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://ark.intel.com/products/82931/Intel-Core-i7-5930K-Processor-15M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz
from what i can see there shouldn't be any problems
everything looks compatible the processor is even on the approved list for you motherboard,
i'm going to say it's a bad cpu,
the only other thing it could be is something not seated properly on the motherboard or the psu doesn't supply enough power which honestly your psu should not be a problem considering the amount of wattage you shouldn't have any problems considering you have more than enough headroom.

I just thought of something,
do you have a way to update the bios on the motherboard?
this might sound silly but
it may just need a bios update.

here's the latest bios for your motherboard

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb...1502.zip?_ga=1.170246503.632429347.1490513655

i would try updating the bios over the internet from the bios menu first before trying the asus link i posted.
i ve already updated everything a month ago... and ...still nothing helped..^^ i ve reseated everything... cpu,cables, cpucooler..blablabla... and nothing helped... :) i tried a new psu... and nothing changed... yaaa.... i ve to rma it back to intel i guess

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so you think that its ok to send it back to amazon? :)

Up to you. You can go to either Intel or Amazon. It's really whichever is easier for you. I'd go Intel just because it's an intermittent issue (even though I doubt Amazon will actually test it) and Intel's turnaround time is quick. But it's up to you, it really doesn't matter. It's under Warranty so either Amazon or Intel have to deal with it, so it's really send it back to who you want and who is easier.

Gabriel Mejia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
call amazon and speak to one of the employees to ensure you can still return it to them, make sure you have your order # ready.
if you can't return it to amazon pull an rma with intel,
if it were me i would choose amazon,
mostly because they can have the shipper hand you a return label
instead of having to print one out, you may have to print the invoice though and put it in the box with the cpu.
as far as i know you don't have to pay out of pocket for return shipping with amazon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.