Homebrew Real Method of Playing N64 on your NDS (download & video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arshes91

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
rolleyes.gif
cool and finaly an emulator like but is obligatory to play using on wifi ):
i have game n' music flash cart but i don't now is working win2ds so help me please for this ):

i also try to use this on my flashcart this emulator first time and change the setting buttons for play pokemon stadium ex.
closedeyes.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Quick idea, I think someone should make this thread into the default thread for emulation through Win2DS, so we don't get a million threads based off the same thing.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's good to think that this made playing N64 somewhat possible, yes it is indeed, but.. We knew this quite a while. Youtube is full of video's that explain how this works, but nice find though, I will most likely give this a shot, cuz i totally hadn't thought about this possibility.

ninjaapple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
You could use this same method to play Wii/PS2/Xbox games on the DS through the use of emulators.

I mean if you run Dolphin(the Wii emulator) on your PC and then run Win2DS, and Viola.
Because on the PC, using a controller option called emulated Wiimote, moving the mouse up or down will be as if moving the Wiimote up and down. And moving the stylus will be as if moving the mouse, and moving the mouse will be as if moving the stylus. So moving the stylus would be indirectly moving the Wiimote.
Get my meaning!?
Then you could just set the analog stick on the nunchuk(since a lot of Wii games use it) as up, down, left and right on your keyboard and setting the D-pad on the DS to left, right, up and down would mean indirectly using the DS D-pad as the analog stick.
And then you could set A,B,X and Y to A,B,C and Z on the Wiimote and nunchuk.

On PCSX2(ps2 emulator) you could use the D-pad as the left analog stick, triangle,square,circle and cross as A,B,X and Y and Land R as L and R but you would hit a problem with the right analog stick and L2 and R2. But you're smart guys. I'm sure you can work something out.
yaynds.gif

On the cxbx(xbox emulator)the left analog stick would be the D-pad, A,B,X and Y as A,B,X and Y, L and R as L and R and once again you run into trouble with lack of buttons like D-pad and right analog stick. In addition to, the xbox emulator project was abandoned LONG ago and it is still incompatible will some games and ALL versions of Halo.
frown.gif

EDIT: There is another xbox emulator called xeon. This emulator runs Halo.
smile.gif

Mind you you must have at least these specs to run the emulators:

PCSX2(ps2)-

Minimum
Windows/Linux OS
CPU that supports SSE2 (Pentium 4 and up, Athlon64 and up)
GPU that supports Pixel Shaders 2.0
512mb RAM

Recommended
Windows Vista 32bit/64bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better
GPU: 8600gt or better
1gb RAM (2gb if on Vista)

Cxbx or Xeon(xbox)-
(there are two xbox emulators)

(pretty low specs.if your computer can't run it your computer REALLY SUCKS!)
Intel Pentium III processor 700MHz or faster
NVIDIA GeForce 3/Ti or ATI Radeon 8500 (for shader compatibility)
256MB Ram
Windows 2000, XP, or Vista (Only supports 32-bit OS versions)

Dolphin(Wii)-

Operating System: Microsoft Windows (2000/XP/Vista or higher) / Linux / Apple Mac OS X (Intel version).
Processor: Any Fast CPU x86 or x86_64, SSE2 supported Processor. Dual Core and SSE3, SSSE3 for more speed. Recommend a Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0+ Ghz or AMD Phenom 9550+ 2.2Ghz+
Graphics: Any graphics card that supports Direct3D 9 or OpenGL 2.1.

The emulators need you have to have the libraries listed below installed.

[Windows]
-MS Visual C++ Runtime 2008 SP1: This fixes the "side by side" / "application config" & model errors
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x86 - For 32bit Windows
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x64 - For 64bit Windows
-The DirectX March 2009 Runtime: This fixes the plugin loading errors
Note: THIS MEANS UPDATE YOUR DIRECTX EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE VERSION 9.0c or 10 or 10.1!!!!!!
Microsoft DirectX Updater

[Linux]
-install libbluetooth: fixes the "PANIC failed to load plugin Plugins/libPlugin_wiimote.so" error for linux users

You must have a video card that support OpenGL 2.x fully or Direct3D 9.0c.

Cherio!

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my ds just says
waiting...
and nothing happens...
edit: got it too work this is AMAZING!
it just to laggy tho...button commands are slow...is there some way change this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1