Hacking REAL DSTT: $6.83 with free shipping.

ckillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Renegade_R said:
I paid $14 for a AK2 and I felt that was a great deal...now I feel jacked.

Don't. The AK2 is a worth the extra money.

-Bri

The AK2 has nothing above the DSTT.

For the people bitching about being "ripped off": You should have read NDSTT.com's anti-fake page before hand and made the judgement from there. Most websites had the fake DSTTs too so theres no reason to specifically single out DX.

I believe right before and after the Olympic games, there were nothing but knock offs flying around. Probably due to the Olympics and people wanting to hawk their items to rich foreigners lol.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ckillips said:

Really, because as of the 1.16 firmeare, the DSTT was still missing some key features that nearly every other flash cart has. I'm talking about sorting games alphabetically, displaying folders, launching GBA games directly to a slot 2 cart, and multiple save slots. The DSTT's menu also lags when you scroll it with a large microSD card.

-Bri

ckillips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
ckillips said:

Really, because as of the 1.16 firmeare, the DSTT was still missing some key features that nearly every other flash cart has. I'm talking about sorting games alphabetically, displaying folders, launching GBA games directly to a slot 2 cart, and multiple save slots. The DSTT's menu also lags when you scroll it with a large microSD card.

-Bri

Sorting games alphabetically is as easy as putting them on your SD alphabetically. The DSTT doesn't need to display folders because it searches them and finds the .nds so seeing the folders is redundant. The menu DOESN'T LAG WHILE SCROLLING, that's the way its DESIGNED.

And is it really that big of a deal that it takes 2 seconds more to use a boot loader? Really?

Since the price is so cheap, why complain about the software when its basically preference? It's like arguing Mac vs XP or Vista

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard 2 is only $5 more than the DSTT.

In my opinion, well worth not having to put all your games on your microSD card alphabetically every time you want to add a new game, being able to organize your games into folders, having an extremely responsive menu, being able to click on a GBA game in the menu to load it, having multiple save slots, and having all the other features that the Acekard 2 has.

Definitely worth the extra $5.

-Bri

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard2 is not fast though. I just received a 2.1 this morning and testing it with several mem cards it performs poorly on the VaniaDOS test, all the same mem cards run it well on DSTT. It does have a nice menu though, but that nicety is short lived. I'm kind of dissapointed becuase it's not just a bit slow, the vaniaDOS test is a slideshow on it
frown.gif
I don't think it has a chance of running VaniaPoR

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rasputin said:
Acekard2 is not fast though. I just received a 2.1 this morning and testing it with several mem cards it performs poorly on the VaniaDOS test, all the same mem cards run it well on DSTT. It does have a nice menu though, but that nicety is short lived. I'm kind of dissapointed becuase it's not just a bit slow, the vaniaDOS test is a slideshow on it
frown.gif
I don't think it has a chance of running VaniaPoR

With a decent microSD card (Japanese Kingston microSD card or a class 6 microSDHC card), it runs the Castlevania intro just fine. Even if it didn't, in my opinion an intro video skipping a little bit on one game isn't a reason to choose the DSTT over the AK2 considering all the problems the DSTT has.

-Bri

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri, my Ak2 is crashing with vaniaPOR too no matter what mem card, 2GB kingstons both Japan and Taiwan, Sandisk4gb, Toshiba2GB. I'm using the latest beta 1.3b2 as posted in the ak2 section, is there a better OS to put on it ? I thought I'd ask here as I got your attention.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Remember that AKAIO is based on an older version of the loader. AKAIO can use a newer loader if you place the "akmenu4.nds" file from the latest official firmware (4.12), rename it to anything you want (like "ak_412.nds"), place it into the "__aio/ak2loader" folder of AKAIO, and then change the setting for vaniaPOR to use the newer loader.

Also, if you haven't already, format your microSD card with the Panasonic formatter.

-Bri

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd have to be crazy to buy what is obviously a fake being dumped on the cheap by DealExtreme in the hopes that no one will notice.

Two of my friends ordered DSTTs from DX after seeing and enjoying my LEGIT one, and both of them got shitty KO versions that didn't work properly at all. Upon being confronted with this fact AND the evidence, DX *STILL* wouldn't admit any fault, and merely offered to replace the cards.

One friend ditched the DSTT and went with an AK2, which he's happy with -- the other one got a refund and just bought a legit DSTT from another site.

Always remember that old saying: "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is."

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Alot of people have been saying that the thing to spring on the left is stopped production and shoulnt be on the market.

After doing some image checking of some DSTTs i bought from DX it hit me. The sd slot is on the left the same as the normal ones. What if stopped production was just recent! To prove it I looked at the the DSTT GBAtemp review since the rewiever does take apart the flash card and look at the PCB:

IMG_5569T.jpg

No compare it to one stopped production. it's completely different. So the thing is that if the microsd card is on the left it isn't staright away a fake since this was just recently stopped production (around the end of october)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
From the DSTT site itself

"Warning The old one was stopped production in July 2008, and shouldn't be available in the market. Any feature of the products shown as above are fake cards, please don't buy anything."

As far as I know DX don't actually hold stock, they order as and when, so they shouldn't have any old models.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi