Real Cool Theory About Playing Wii/Gamecube/PS2 Games on DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ninjaapple, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninjaapple
    OP

Newcomer ninjaapple Advanced Member

Trinidad and Tobago
    I suppose most of you guys have heard about Win2DS.

Well, using Win2DS, I was thinking of running the Dolphin emulator(which is a Gamecube/Wii emulator) to run a Wii game on your PC. It's a really simple emulator to use and the roms are easy to download as torrents. You could use the emulated Wiimote to use the stylus as a Wiimote. What I mean is, on the PC you can set the Wiimote to be left control to X axis- on the mouse which is basically moving the mouse to the left. And when using Win2DS the stylus controls the mouse so when using the emulator moving the stylus would be moving the mouse and moving the mouse would be like moving the Wiimote.
    And for the A and B buttons make some custom buttons on Win2DS and set those same buttons to the buttons they would be on the PC. Setting up the D pad would also be very simple.

Nice theory isn't it! Someone of you guys should try it!(I don't have a DS).

And with the PS2 it is mostly the same thing.

Run PCSX2(the name of the ps2 emulator) on your PC and then use Win2DS to connect it. Set the custom controls to the same buttons to the buttons they would be on the PC. Setting up the D pad would also be very simple.

2. DryYoshi

Member DryYoshi Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi

Netherlands
    Nice idea and all, but PS2 has more buttons.
    Still nice theory though.
    And I somehow find it weird that you post this if you don't have a DS...

3. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
  4. SilentGhost

Newcomer SilentGhost Member

United States
    Nice idea

5. ninjaapple
    OP

Trinidad and Tobago
    Well I believe that with Win2DS you can set the quality of the images that are sent from the PC to the DS.
    The more more of the image, the less frame rate you will get so the slower the game.

But if you set the quality somewhere between low and medium quality, which will diminish the graphics of the game somewhat, but you would still receive acceptable framerate somewhere between 40-55 fps and the game would be at a playable speed.

Look at the video below made by another gbatemp member who was playing N64 games on his DS.

Youtube Video

He received very good fps and why should you not receive that same amount of fps or maybe even more fps using this method. I used the same concept as him.

6. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
  7. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Or how about keeping them in 2007 where they belong.

Virtually everybody has already tried this by now, and come to the realization that the DS is shit hardware, making the experience shit.

This is a "real cool theory" in the same sense that my concept of putting socks on feet is a "real cool theory," except mine actually works in practice.

8. Bunie

Member Bunie #1 Princess

United States
    Seriously? Whats the point if your PC is across the room. it'd just be using your PC slowly on a tiny screen, and really has nothing to do with your DS, other than projecting the screen and buttons. Go get a joypad and an s-video converter, srsly.

9. ninjaapple
    OP

Trinidad and Tobago
    I am not sure about it but I heard if you used DS Linux to run a program on the DS it would run faster..
    Perhaps you could try it with Win2DS.

It's something about the speed of the Wifi signals is locked at 30kb/s but with an actual OS you can increase that speed.

Not sure if it actually works though!

10. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.