Real bummer...

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Pyro2Z, Dec 20, 2006.

Dec 20, 2006

Real bummer... by Pyro2Z at 9:41 PM (1,215 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Pyro2Z
    OP

Newcomer Pyro2Z Member

United States
    Apparently, the DS-X 4th shipment got deleyed at the Modchipstore.com, did it get deleyed everywhere else too, or was it just them? I hope the reason is because they wanted to fix the problems people were having (prompting people to use the paper trick). If that isn't the case, I'm gonna be pissed.

2. cippy

Newcomer cippy Member

Australia
    Well I can tell you I waited over a month after placing my order to receive the DS-X from the 3rd shipment. Talk about delays, you should have been in that. Ordered through foundmy, they seemed pretty reliable. The DS-X forums is a good place if you want to check out what’s happening with the delays. There are numerous threads from people who ordered through other stores discussing it.

3. Mr.squeeks

Newcomer Mr.squeeks Member

United States
    The DS-X delays are because the DS-X team delayed shipping out the 4th batch, not because of ModChipStore. All retailers won't get 4th batch shipments until at least the 27th.

The reason for the 3rd batch delay was to fix the issues that needed the paper trick and the extra plastic that showed up on some 1st and 2nd batch DS-X units. My 3rd batch unit was perfect, I would expect that this would be the same of the 4th batch.

4. amemoryoncelost

Member amemoryoncelost GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had great luck with foundmy.com as well. As far as I know, they still have some in stock, but email the owner and find out.

I haven't had to use any paper tricks either...

5. FuLei

Member FuLei GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, I ordered from ModChipStore about a week ago, and was quite dissapointed to find out that it wouldn't even make it by Christmas. Luckily though, they have officially reported that they are coming in on the 26th and will be shipped out on that day. But my guess is that they have been taking pre-orders for a while and might not get enough to send out to all of the orders that they received. I just hope that I make the cut as I'm finally on break and have nothing to do. [​IMG]

6. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I ordered from foundmy on either Christmas or the day after, got it today. Plus they appear to have thrown in a USB-DS cable for recharging it.