ReadMore + MP3 player

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Shbek, Jul 17, 2007.

Jul 17, 2007

ReadMore + MP3 player by Shbek at 3:05 AM (864 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Shbek
    OP

Newcomer Shbek Member

United States
    You know what I think would be really sweet? A text reader like ReadMore, (which is the only .txt reader for the DS that you hold the DS sideways when you use it, so you hold the DS like a book) with an mp3 player added on. I go to college full time, and I usually have to stay on campus inbetween classes because gas is so high. It would probably pass time a heck of a lot faster if I could read while listening to music, instead of having to pick one. [​IMG]

Any thoughts? Would anyone else like something like this?

2. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    It'd be nice to have one.

currently moonlight has an old program which does this, however i believe it doesn't work for english writing or something, so it won't help you.

3. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    Well... moonshell plays mp3s, and also has an option for you to read the text sideways(like a book)... however, I don't know if it's possible to play the mp3s at the same time as reading...

4. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    You could try using an mp3 player?
    Not be critisizing or anything but the DS doesnt have good music playback capabilities.

I think it should be possible to play MP3's whilst reading a book because that was available on the GBAMP V2 SD
    Why wouldnt it be on later flashcards?
    SCDSONE definetely has that feature, im sure
    I havent tested myself but it has the ability to read cheats while playing games, why wouldnt it work for music?

5. Shbek
    OP

Newcomer Shbek Member

United States
    I usually do listen to music on my iPod while reading text files on my DS, but the main thing I'm going for is portability, the less things I have with me, the better.

Also, I never noticed that you could turn the text sideways in moonshell. But regardless, you can't play MP3's. On my M3 Perfect, you can listen to (very crapp quality) music while reading ebooks, but its only on ne screen (and not sideways) and my DS's battery absolutely DIES if I put the M3 on NDS mode, because its using both slot 1 and 2, which kills the battery in about an hour.

I'm not really complaining, just saying it would be nifty to be able to listen to music while reading an ebook sideways without needing an external mp3 player. [​IMG]

6. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    After your in NDS Mode you can take out the Passcard dude...