Reading Wii backups on PC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by thesund0g, Sep 19, 2009.

Sep 19, 2009

Reading Wii backups on PC by thesund0g at 7:55 AM (720 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. thesund0g
    OP

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Ok, so my DVD drive will read Wii backups just fine. I can copy from a copy, no problem.

I want to be able to extract individual files/folders from a backup disc without having to make an ISO again.

How can I do this? [​IMG] I've looked for some kind of reverse ISO/drive emulation, but have yet to find anything appropriate. If I could, I could just use Trucha or WiiScrubber to extract whatever.

2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Wiiscrubber and trucha signer. You can extract files or the whole partition, replace them back, and then sign the iso when you're done. I believe trucha supports DVD drives also. The fastest way to do it is to extract the whole partition to your HDD. Then you can just change the files you want and burn it. and if you want to change more, you still have the extracted partition there on your hdd.

3. thesund0g
    OP

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Heh, whaddaya know man, Trucha does support discs, too. I never noticed, thanks!

I haven't had much luck with the partition rebuilding part after changing lots of files. I made a script to dummy out all the MP Trilogy files in a couple of easy steps, but wasn't able to successfully rebuild the partition. I forgot what error WiiScrubber threw, but it wasn't happy with whatever Partition Builder came up with.