Hacking reading from ntfs?

kyle007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
come on i always hear its not possible lol, but i have a 1TB external I used partition magic to create a 8gb FAT32 partition just for testing. Anyways my point i added a single movie to the FAT32 partition and now GEEXBOX runs all my movies from my NTFS partition (Yes theres 100's and only one in the FAT32 partition so i know its reading from the NTFS partition). Anyone know why thats working? it even says its not supposed to on wiibrew

kyle007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i quote from there page and wiibrews page "USB storage (flash disks, card readers, external enclosures, etc. Supports reading of nearly all major *nix/Win/Mac partition types and writing the majority of them except NTFS/UFS)" and im pretty sure it was also a big thing when waninkoko was making the usb loader (people saying it was stupid to ADD NTFS support to the wii lol)

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
Supports reading of nearly all major *nix/Win/Mac partition types and writing the majority of them except NTFS/UFS)"
wiki can always be wrong
GeeXBOx uses Wii-Linux and Linux natively support a bunch of File System formats

..and nobody said it was not possible, just that FAT32 was good enough for most homebrews and that WBFS was more suitable (and dedicated) for handling Wii Disc image fies

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The linux based media players should all be able to read from ntfs. But regular homebrew not, and reading games from that is something totally difficult, because the code to read from ntfs runs even on a different processor then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.