Hacking reading from ntfs?

kyle007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
come on i always hear its not possible lol, but i have a 1TB external I used partition magic to create a 8gb FAT32 partition just for testing. Anyways my point i added a single movie to the FAT32 partition and now GEEXBOX runs all my movies from my NTFS partition (Yes theres 100's and only one in the FAT32 partition so i know its reading from the NTFS partition). Anyone know why thats working? it even says its not supposed to on wiibrew

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geexbox has ntfs support because it's built into the linux kernel it's running off of. I run a drive with:

Partition 1 ~180 gb wbfs - for my current and future wii purchases

Partition 2 200gb NTFS - mainly movies and music. most standard XviD encoded movies work on it. I encode my decryoted VOB's with AutoGordianKnot and set the file size to 700mb. With that sampling rate it should work great.

Partition 3 ~20 gb FAT32 that i use to store Wads that work perfectly from wad manager 1.4 mod and hopefully eventually I can get roms working on my emulators for it

Mplayer CE does not and will not have NTFS support as well as any other media player apps for wii as there are no native NTFS Drivers unless the developer codes them. however, If you build your app on wii/gc linux the support is already built in since the wii is pretty much a mini power pc if i understand things correctly

If anyone can give a better or more correct answer please do
smile.gif

kyle007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for that answer Mark
smile.gif
and its not my fault lol i accidentally double clicked and realized that it made two after, my bad happens to people all the time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool