Hardware Reading ebooks on a micro: enjoyable or headache?

Venoman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
topic explains it pretty much. I really enjoy reading GBA ebooks on my DS, and I'd really like to buy a gameboy micro for that purpose, but since the screen actually is significantly smaller, I thought I'd see if anyone else had tried it to see if it was comfortable. For reference I'm using gameboy book reader advance, not the generic text readers built into flash cart OSs.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I would imagine that it would cause too much strain on the eyes, specially with a small font like that. I actually think that reading e-books strains the eyes anyways, looking at a handheld screen for a long period of time, but thats just me....

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's an eyestrain over a period of time. The screen is too small for that purpose, IMO. It's ok for the text in games, but for dedicated reading I'd jump up to an SP instead.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Reading books on a GBA SP: enjoyable, but verging on a headache.
GB Micro? I would say, headache for sure.

zragnarok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not the small screen thats the problem but the low resolution which is like 256x190 or something.. this is where the PSP shines because it has a relatively high resolution screen (even more than pocketPC/PDAs)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte