Read error on USBLoader v1.5

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by turnkeyfriend, Jul 24, 2009.

Jul 24, 2009
  1. turnkeyfriend
    OP

Newcomer turnkeyfriend Newbie

United States
    Hi all. I've been trolling around the forums for a while now, usually not having to post any questions due to the ridiculous amount of research I put in to problems I have. But now I'm stuck. Here's the deal:

I was rocking the System Menu 3.2u with Starfall(!) and decided it was time to update since BootMii came out (kinda recently I think). I updated to sysmenu 4.0u, and now have BootMii installed as well as Preloader for the hacks. I also installed Waninkoko's cIOS 13b. Everything's working fine, except for USB Loader. I formatted my 2 Gig SD (MicroSD in an adapter) card using some tools I found on here, and I found 2 games I had would be small when scrubbed, and are on the compatability list as working. The games are Carnival Games and Smarty Pants. Now, I load up USBLoader 1.5, pick to load from the SD slot, and that's where things stop working. Both games when started flash a green screen, and then give me a 'dirty disc' error message.

I've tried two other loaders (USB Loader GX & Ultimate USB Loader) thinking maybe one of those would work due to their mods, but they don't even see the card as a device. I also had formatted the card originally with 2 partitions, one with FAT and the other WBFS, but after none of the loaders found it, I reformatted it to just 1 WBFS partition. Still no good.

I've spent most of today searching for something about USB Loader and dirty disc errors, but can't seem to find anything.

Here are my questions:
    Is the card most likely not compatible since 2 of the three loaders won't see it?
    Does the fact that it's a microSD in an Adapter make a difference? I could try other MicroSD cards, or I have a regular SD card around here somewhere I could try.
    Any reason why USB Loader would see the card, but not the modded versions?

If I've missed something obvious, please let me know and I'll reread any documentation I need to. Or if I haven't mentioned something I need to, just ask and I'll give whatever information is needed. In the meantime, I'll try the standard SD card I have (if I can find it) in case it's simply that my MicroSD isn't compatible. Thanks in advance!

2. rem300wm

Member rem300wm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello
    Well the USB loaders are to be use with a Hard drive or USB flash drive,the card is to store the files that you need to set up and run the loaders.
    Try to get a USB Hard Drive or USB Flash Drive,then format and make sure that all of the partition are set to primary in the drive and try again,also with rev 13b installed make sure you use the bottom port ,when you look at your Wii from the front ,it will be the one to the left. Yes it sound silly but that's what called.
    Hope this helps.

3. turnkeyfriend
    OP

Newcomer turnkeyfriend Newbie

United States
    Ah. Then I've been confused from the very start. I thought the USB loader also loaded games from the SD Slot. I'll borrow my buddies drive and try it out. I believe it's on the list of working devices. Thanks for the response.

4. oggzee

Member oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Slovenia
    Actually configurable usb loader supports loading games from SD too.
    Although the usefulness of that is questionable, as the capacity of SD cards are usually small. [​IMG]