Read books on the DS.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bobslack, Dec 20, 2006.

Dec 20, 2006

Read books on the DS. by bobslack at 11:35 PM (685 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. bobslack
    OP

Member bobslack GBAtemp Regular

I just recently started The Moon Books Project, to bring books to the Nintendo DS. More information can be found at:

http://moonbooks.stonecypher.net/

Also, I wrote an open letter to Nintendo or any other developers, to hopefully spur interest in reading books on the DS and getting something officially released. Here is that letter:

My Letter To Nintendo:
    Hello,

Let me preface this with a request. If this has been sent to the wrong person, please forward it to whomever would find the information therein useful.

I just began a project to bring classic literature to the Nintendo DS. Using MoonShell, a ‘homebrew’ application and reformatting various books which are in the public domain I am building a virtual library for other classic literature and Nintendo DS enthusiasts to enjoy.

Unfortunately, I imagine that Nintendo probably isn’t very fond of ‘homebrew’ development, as it potentially opens a door for piracy.

I am hoping with this MoonBooks project, a licensed Nintendo developer, or Nintendo themselves will see the benefit of an etext/ebook/plain text viewer for the Nintendo DS. Nintendo in the past has released such trend setting devices as the GameBoy camera, the Opera web browser (in Japan and Europe) and even most recently an mp3 player (in Japan and Europe).

Perhaps now, with the popularity of ‘casual gaming’ and brain exercising products such as Brain Age and Big Brain Academy the ‘digital literary revolution’ will begin with an extremely popular handheld gaming system we all know and love.

Brandon
    Founder of The MoonBooks Project
    http://moonbooks.stonecypher.net/
    btmullins@gmail.com

2. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    DS cart + GBA cart for storage and Wifi connection for downloading books... Imagine the possibilities! [​IMG]

3. HugeCock

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    Posted my request! Thanks!

4. Scorpin200

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Isn't there something like this olready on the system, and does this has actual pictures?

5. Bowser128

Member Bowser128 King Koopa

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] It's not for picture books, he's reformatting .txt files to make them more readable with Moonshell.