psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just want to answer "pre" questions in one thread before people even asks them.

So here we go:

Reactions: 1 person

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Very nice post, let's hope the new users actually take the time to read it. It answers pretty much every regular question asked. Maybe you should put a link to the thread that tells how to check for a fake to save loads of "can you show me where the thread is" posts?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That's right..
Nicely summed up, should be sticky!!

And, just one more thing, you know this won't stop people from asking stupid questions answered million times, and answered here!!
frown.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@psychoblaster, or is it pychoblaster, or psycobalster.
Nicely put, but you're gonna attract some flies with this thread! Anyone got any flyspray handy?

"A question that asks about the R4 should NOT be answered by recommending the cycloDS." = What about recommending an Edge running a super uber custom-made cycloDS firmware hack?
rofl2.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great post, pity the reason for all the threads (which are annoying) is the person posting is either "me oriented" and thus unlikely to look for someone having already posted a reply elsewhere, because only their thread matters to them. Or the person is just a bit dim between the ears, and you will never succeed with them for just that reason.

But again, great post.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
now that i think bout it some more psyco. the reason we all recommend the cyclo whenever noobs ask is that they think the R4 is the best thing out there since sliced bread so we just mention what the real king of flashcarts is now and be done with it

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
Thank you for this interesting thread. I still have a question though: can the R4 play GBA-games.........? Is there some kind of emulator?

wink.gif

From what I've read not entirely, although if one uses YSMenu then it is possible with a compatible expansion pack in the GBA slot (3 in 1 Expansion pack comes to mind).

pychoblaster, you might want to update your post with the above line. Who knows when Dark Knight's flies will come around and buzzing you for not specifiying that
laugh.gif

No Maikel you're not a fly
wink2.gif

Dardon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Firmware v 1.19 will come out WHEN IT WILL ACTUALLY COMES OUT. Do not ask, because nobody here knows.

Just like Duke Nukem Forever? cool.

Good sticky too. Too bad it will be ignored the most by those who would benefit from it.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
jagerstaffel said:
Maikel Steneker said:
Thank you for this interesting thread. I still have a question though: can the R4 play GBA-games.........? Is there some kind of emulator?

wink.gif

From what I've read not entirely, although if one uses YSMenu then it is possible with a compatible expansion pack in the GBA slot (3 in 1 Expansion pack comes to mind).

pychoblaster, you might want to update your post with the above line. Who knows when Dark Knight's flies will come around and buzzing you for not specifiying that
laugh.gif

wink2.gif
Actually, Maikel knows very well everything about GBA and NDS and flashcarts, this questions were just a joke (because it used to be the most used question before, "Can R4 play GBA games?").....
You see winking smiley in the end!!
laugh.gif

brainstorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Firmware v 1.19 will come out WHEN IT WILL ACTUALLY COMES OUT. Do not ask, because nobody here knows.

sweetie...you seems don't understand how many r4 reseller are here reading this coloum....

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
jagerstaffel said:
Maikel Steneker said:

wink.gif

laugh.gif

wink2.gif
Actually, Maikel knows very well everything about GBA and NDS and flashcarts, this questions were just a joke (because it used to be the most used question before, "Can R4 play GBA games?").....
You see winking smiley in the end!!
laugh.gif

I knew it was a joke because Maikel gave alot of help concerning YSMenu, I just had to reply to it in response to Dark Knight's "fly" comment
laugh.gif

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
this may sound noobish but....since the n5 is a clone of the r4 and the firmware is the same but changed the n5 firmware actuly updates! so ...back to the question IF R4 FIRMWARE SUCKS WHY NOT USE N5 FIRMWARE thanks for answering if you can but its just i havent seen anyone ask this yet and i was wondering

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Twiggy12 said:
this may sound noobish but....since the n5 is a clone of the r4 and the firmware is the same but changed the n5 firmware actuly updates! so ...back to the question IF R4 FIRMWARE SUCKS WHY NOT USE N5 FIRMWARE thanks for answering if you can but its just i havent seen anyone ask this yet and i was wondering
THE REAL R4 FIRMWARE DOES NOT SUCK. IT JUST LACKS.

Posts merged

Sir-Fritz said:
QUOTE(psycoblaster @ Sep 22 2008, 11:38 PM)
  • [*]A REAL R4 is a legit card.
LOL, its so true.
There was a guy that said he ordered an R4 from R4USA.com and says it's a legit card.
only reason why I put it on. XP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu