RE4, PS2 or GC?

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me, I desided to get RE4 because I want to know the background story (If any) it gives to the upcoming RE5. I loved the RE games, played 1 and 2 and liked them a lot and now I want 4.

Now the question is: Which one should I get, the PS2 version or the GC version?

I heared that the the PS2 had a ton of fetures but the GC had better grafics. Can you guys tell me which is better? Thanks

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The gamecube had better texturing but if you didn't pay any attention you could not see any difference. I would say get the wii version if possible because of the conrolles but if I were you, Get the PS2 version as being a vtran of the series, you would probably get a bit out of Separate Ways.
As you are probably aware though, RE4 and 5 are drastically different games to what the previous ones were so consider yourself warned.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what I heard, it's sopose to have better lighting affects and a spookyer (is this a word) atmosphere.

Edgedancer said:
The gamecube had better texturing but if you didn't pay any attention you could not see any difference. I would say get the wii version if possible because of the conrolles but if I were you, Get the PS2 version as being a vtran of the series, you would probably get a bit out of Separate Ways.
As you are probably aware though, RE4 and 5 are drastically different games to what the previous ones were so consider yourself warned.
Didn't the PS2 version have more fetures? Yes, I know it is a TPS over-the-shoulder game. I loved it, I like TPSOTS (wow) games and especally RE$, I played a little wile I was visiting my friend's friend's house. He was getting his game back and wile I waited he said I could play. It was very fun wile it lasted.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, I got another question, if I get the GC version and then play it on my friend's Wii. Will it have the
Wii controls or the same GC controls?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Licardo7 said:
hey, I got another question, if I get the GC version and then play it on my friend's Wii. Will it have the
If it's the GC version then it'll have the GC controls.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
Licardo7 said:
If it's the GC version then it'll have the GC controls.
thought so
dry.gif

rush57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't get the wii one, you should get the ps2 one cause from what I remember theres some extra bonus items and costumes. I also think the Ada Mission is a mode only for the ps2 one so awesome.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RE4 does not have multiplayer but it can still be played at parties. Just play Mercenaries mode and swap the controller after each death. It is always a hit.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can live without the extra stuff I go with GC. It plays better & has better loading times.

Also about which controller you prefer, I personally can't stand any playstation controller and I actually like the GC one while most think the opposite.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Wii version is the best, but you don't have that one.

I'd go for the GameCube version. The graphics don't differ that much, but it's noticable and the GC version is really more beautiful.

Also. the controls have been designed for the GameCube controller. I have played RE4 on the PS2, and the controls sucked after playing the GameCube version.

I bought the Wii version for the extras, and I have to admit I enjoyed them a lot, but they were a bit short. If you want to play the game optimally, get the GC version. If you want to play all of the extras, get the PS2 version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup