Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
friend, excuse me too I tried to bring a game from the Nintendo switch to the Wii U, doing a little research I realized that the game files are exactly the same, Investigating more I managed to find around 50,000 lines of code from the Nintendo switch game and More than 100000 in hexadecimal, do you think something can be done with that information, I have already tried several things but I can't find the right one, I hope you can tell me if it is useful or should I stop trying
Switch and Wii U saves aren't compatible due to different endianness.

Reactions: Traace

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: GaryOderNichts

wikipablo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm sorry to hear that.. but probably this is a good time to see if it's possible to get a couple of tutorials about rendering and other nice lessons learned alog this proces...

Today is quite hard to enter into wii u homebrew community because there are almost 0 documentation, specially about 3d rendering and shadeers... I feel that maybe now you can share part of that knowledge and maybe open the door for new participants...

On the other hand, maybe I'm asking too much... anyways, thanks for the amazing job @GaryOderNichts

Reactions: GaryOderNichts

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm sorry to hear that.. but probably this is a good time to see if it's possible to get a couple of tutorials about rendering and other nice lessons learned alog this proces...

Today is quite hard to enter into wii u homebrew community because there are almost 0 documentation, specially about 3d rendering and shadeers... I feel that maybe now you can share part of that knowledge and maybe open the door for new participants...

On the other hand, maybe I'm asking too much... anyways, thanks for the amazing job @GaryOderNichts
This sounds like a really good idea.
I've been thinking about writing a shader tutorial myself.
Regarding the GX2 things, I think the source code from librw might already help a bit.

If you have any questions at the moment feel free to ask me here or on discord (Gary#4139).

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm just curious, but would it be possible to add support for HID Controllers on this port ?, similar to HIDtovPad or Nintendont? It would be really cool to be able to use other controls via usb like the Switch Pro Controller or Dualshock 4.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm just curious, but would it be possible to add support for HID Controllers on this port ?, similar to HIDtovPad or Nintendont? It would be really cool to be able to use other controls via usb like the Switch Pro Controller or Dualshock 4.
HID2VPAD should work.

Reactions: Moon164

T00nist8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I bought GTA 3 from steam, and then I decided to go with the method of creating it as a channel, because I tried it through the Homebrew Launcher and it crashed. I followed all of the instructions, downloaded the files from the most recent post and copied the line of code into the windows command prompt and the common key unto the end, yet it is giving me this error: 'unable to access jarfile NUSPacker.jar.' I don't what is wrong, so could anyone help me with this please? Or at least point me in the right direction.

Update: I tried looking up other places to look for a solution on the command prompt finding the jarfile, and I dragged it unto the prompt and that is where it made a specific command path where it could hopefully find it, but then I saw the result as an unrecognized option for the path and I got two more errors of it not creating the java virtual machine and that a fatal exception has ocurred and the program exited.

Update 2: So, funny enough I looked at the NUSPacker forum from this site, and discovered a certain key command of pulling up the command prompt that forms a path to the deskstop, and I was able to make the re3 channel from there and had it installed on my Wii U. However, it also crashed on me again! Here is an image of what the crash shows, if anyone has any advice about this, it would be much appreciated!

26026C5E-EFA6-429E-A3C7-4D01D18849CF.jpeg

Last edited by T00nist8,

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, so I bought GTA 3 from steam, and then I decided to go with the method of creating it as a channel, because I tried it through the Homebrew Launcher and it crashed. I followed all of the instructions, downloaded the files from the most recent post and copied the line of code into the windows command prompt and the common key unto the end, yet it is giving me this error: 'unable to access jarfile NUSPacker.jar.' I don't what is wrong, so could anyone help me with this please? Or at least point me in the right direction.

Update: I tried looking up other places to look for a solution on the command prompt finding the jarfile, and I dragged it unto the prompt and that is where it made a specific command path where it could hopefully find it, but then I saw the result as an unrecognized option for the path and I got two more errors of it not creating the java virtual machine and that a fatal exception has ocurred and the program exited.

Update 2: So, funny enough I looked at the NUSPacker forum from this site, and discovered a certain key command of pulling up the command prompt that forms a path to the deskstop, and I was able to make the re3 channel from there and had it installed on my Wii U. However, it also crashed on me again! Here is an image of what the crash shows, if anyone has any advice about this, it would be much appreciated!

View attachment 249070
Make sure you have the files directly in the content folder without any other subdirectories.
Also make sure to use the .rpx that comes with the channel.zip.

T00nist8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have the files directly in the content folder without any other subdirectories.
Also make sure to use the .rpx that comes with the channel.zip.

Ok, I downloaded the channel.zip file again, checked and found the .rpx file is in the code folder, and I added the essential GTA files to the content folder and skipped the parts on certain folders being overwritten when doing so. Then, I pulled up the command prompt and used the line of code again with the common key and gotten the re3 channel, which I felt was made quicker than last night, and now deleted the first re3 channel from my wii u and installed the second one unto the nand of the wii u. I ran it again and it crashed again.

6483A045-2715-42FC-AD79-E1034077E133.jpeg

Last edited by T00nist8,

Prime321

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I cant build the pack somehow. My CMD sais Error: Unable to access jarfile NUSPacker.jar

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I cant build the pack somehow. My CMD sais Error: Unable to access jarfile NUSPacker.jar
nvm got it

manks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However, it also crashed on me again! Here is an image of what the crash shows, if anyone has any advice about this, it would be much appreciated!
Did you already have a userfiles folder in wiiu/apps/re3 from the homebrew launcher version? Backup that userfiles folder (if you want to bring your saves back) and then delete it, and try restarting the channel again.

Last edited by manks,

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great job!
But got some questions

1. Is it possible to use your own mp3 like on pc?
2. Is it possible to use mods from pc?
3. whats about Vice City?

Reactions: George -Woody

harry9887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, it's been a while, but I finally got it to work, I'm using the homebrew app on a new sd card and its running great. Thank you so much for making this, its really great!

Reactions: jeannotte

tooknie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@GaryOderNichts this is amazing work, thank you!

The resolution really suits Gamepad gameplay.

I have my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed to the same treatment for Vice City, although given recent action by Rock*, I guess that might be in jeopardy?

Here's to hoping - keep up the great work Gary - your stuff is amazing!

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@GaryOderNichts this is amazing work, thank you!

The resolution really suits Gamepad gameplay.

I have my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed to the same treatment for Vice City, although given recent action by Rock*, I guess that might be in jeopardy?

Here's to hoping - keep up the great work Gary - your stuff is amazing!
Well, the Vita version is back on Github, so i guess it's up to GaryOderNichts to determine if it's possible to resume developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.