Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have cbhc installed, I read that I couldn't but is it possible to run another CFW over it? Also I tried the Sig Patch thing aswell, I downloaded the one from the homebrew store but it didn't change anything.I compiled it once using the NUPacker (or whatever its called), I also tried it with the gui version that CrisMod put in earlier, but that didn't work either. The version I'm using is the North America WiiU, and I installed GTA3 from steam. Any ideas on what to look at next, or any photos I could post? Sorry for bothering you with this.
If you enter System Settings, does your version say 99.99.99?
If not, make sure to set CBHC to boot into System Menu.

Reactions: SonikkYou

harry9887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you enter System Settings, does your version say 99.99.99?
If not, make sure to set CBHC to boot into System Menu.
Ya it says 99.99.99. For me its pretty weird, every other download I've done has worked in some form or another, this just doesn't work. Is there anyway for me to test the channel file?

Last edited by harry9887,

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have cbhc installed, I read that I couldn't but is it possible to run another CFW over it? Also I tried the Sig Patch thing aswell, I downloaded the one from the homebrew store but it didn't change anything.I compiled it once using the NUPacker (or whatever its called), I also tried it with the gui version that CrisMod put in earlier, but that didn't work either. The version I'm using is the North America WiiU, and I installed GTA3 from steam. Any ideas on what to look at next, or any photos I could post? Sorry for bothering you with this.
Hi @harry9887, the best way to help you it's that from your side you list out all the steps that you make when you create the installer, this to avoid a lot of guessing from the people that helps and try to get the point shortly ;)

Last edited by CrisMod,
Reactions: jeannotte

harry9887

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi @harry9887, the best way to help you it's that from your side you list out all the steps that you make when you create the installer, this to avoid a lot of guessing from the people that helps and try to get the point shortly ;)
Ya I was gonna do that, but I didn't want to double post, I took screenshots of a process that I was doing, but haven't tested it yet since my WiiU is acting up in general(having issues with retroarch). I'll edit this post when I'm done fixing that.

EDIT:
Hey, thank you so much so far but I'm starting to wonder if its a bigger problem with my Wii U. The system is in general being a pain, and now I'm having this issue where the homebrew app store wont let me download anything or even uninstall anything, the GTA 3 issue of course, and retroarch gives me a code 160-2203 whenever I try and load it, the system works when I restart the system but I've reinstalled retroarch 2 times now, and nothing has changed. Its really weird, should/can I make a thread about it on the main forum?

Last edited by harry9887,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Liberty City Stories is currently being reverse engineered and decompiled. Maybe San Andreas will follow after that?
Would be cool to see every GTA game of the so called "3D Universe" on the Wii U :D
San Andreas is out now on the Vita, so i guess your GTA 3D Universe wish will come true eventually. B-)

Reactions: Gunstorm

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
That Vita port likely doesn't help with getting San Andreas running on Wii U. It's a little bit like the way Nintendont allows you to run GameCube games on a Wii--the games run mostly-native with Nintendont stepping in to handle things that GameCube software expects to find which are different on Wii/U.

Similarly, the Vita port of San Andreas is running the Android version semi-natively, which is possible because the game's executable is built for the ARMv7 architecture, which is the same as used by the Vita. A Switch (ARMv8) port is somewhat more likely, but since you can already run Android on Switch anyway, it would be a lot of work for little reward.

The 3DS is only ARMv6, so don't expect a port over there, either.

A full decompilation like re3 is still a far more likely way to see San Andreas running on the Wii U and other platforms more generally, because porting Android-to-Vita is a special case which can't really be replicated elsewhere.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ya I was gonna do that, but I didn't want to double post, I took screenshots of a process that I was doing, but haven't tested it yet since my WiiU is acting up in general(having issues with retroarch). I'll edit this post when I'm done fixing that.

EDIT:
Hey, thank you so much so far but I'm starting to wonder if its a bigger problem with my Wii U. The system is in general being a pain, and now I'm having this issue where the homebrew app store wont let me download anything or even uninstall anything, the GTA 3 issue of course, and retroarch gives me a code 160-2203 whenever I try and load it, the system works when I restart the system but I've reinstalled retroarch 2 times now, and nothing has changed. Its really weird, should/can I make a thread about it on the main forum?
From my experiences, I can suppose and it seems that your SD starting to be currapted....... Copy the entire SD datas to a new SD.....

Reactions: harry9887

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The repo is currently disabled due to a DMCA request and downloads are no longer possible.

I still have hopes that this claim will be revoked.

Thanks to all of you for all the support and feedback so far.
I can't understand, why they need to bother you? You don't resell anything, it's for self purpose, the people buy the original game from Steam , and you invite to do it. In this case all the mods for GTA for "self purpose" should be down in the world. Really @GaryOderNichts, I can give you my solidarity on that...

Reactions: Lostbhoy

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
(Copied from the NX port post, since it's relevant here too)

If the source code actually didn't include any copyrighted assets (which most RE projects do), then this case can be easily countered and won.

The original creators should file a proper counter-notice, and with the proper demonstrations, evidence and fair use legalities, the repos should be up and running with no issue.

To the developers...
Don't give in. Fight back.
Don't let the tyrannical pieces of shit that are modern companies bully you into oblivion.
You can, and will, win this.

Traace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The repo is currently disabled due to a DMCA request and downloads are no longer possible.

I still have hopes that this claim will be revoked.

Thanks to all of you for all the support and feedback so far.

That DMCA sucks!

Glad I mirrored the repo before takedown.

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shooot, I was just going to test this to on my day off. Can anyone PM me with a cloned Repo for this?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to the channel users for pushing yet another update :D
But this fixes a really annoying bug.
Changelog:
- Fix controller configuration not being saved when using the channel
- Fix softlock when trying to bind target next and target prev
- Some code cleanup

How to update:
Update the Homebrew Launcher version:

- Download the latest 're3.rpx' and 'gamefiles.zip' from the releases page.
- Copy the 're3.rpx' and the contents of the 'gamefiles.zip' to 'wiiu/apps/re3' on your SD Card. (Overwrite any already existing files)
- If updating from the initial release, delete the 'txd.img' and 'txd.dir' in the 'wiiu/apps/re3/models' folder on your SD Card.
Update the Channel:
- Remove the currently installed channel via Data Management. This won't remove any save files since they are stored on the SD Card.
- Re-follow the 'Install as channel' steps in the OP.
- If updating from the initial release, delete the 'txd.img' and 'txd.dir' in the 'wiiu/apps/re3/models' folder on your SD Card.

Download:
https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/re3-wiiu/releases/tag/2021-02-01
Anyone managed to get this update before it was taken down or is it somewhere else besides github?

Reactions: SMVB64

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn ninjas everywhere. This really sucks but we all hope you can counter it Gary.

If you need the boys to storm the Take Two building... We're here for you man! :gun:
The two of us will have to take a trip to Edinburgh and storm my old workplace Rockstar North lol

Reactions: Lostbhoy

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Totally but your driving!

You can't leave that there either.... What did do at Rockstar when you were there?
QA on a number of titles then Senior Technical QA on GTA Online. I left Jan 2020 to start my own Indie company then fucking Covid hit :angry:

Reactions: Traace and Lostbhoy

SonikkYou

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
friend, excuse me too I tried to bring a game from the Nintendo switch to the Wii U, doing a little research I realized that the game files are exactly the same, Investigating more I managed to find around 50,000 lines of code from the Nintendo switch game and More than 100000 in hexadecimal, do you think something can be done with that information, I have already tried several things but I can't find the right one, I hope you can tell me if it is useful or should I stop trying

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QA on a number of titles then Senior Technical QA on GTA Online. I left Jan 2020 to start my own Indie company then fucking Covid hit :angry:

Awesome but also terrible due to covid, sorry to hear that. Hope you still plan to get it off the ground once normality returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night