Status
Not open for further replies.

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed this as a channel. When I start new game it shows a progress bar at the bottom of the screen, about halfway through I get an error saying " cannot convert textures for your video card. You must login an Administrator account to do this. Press ESC to quit." I have to then turn off the console as I cannot escape this screen . Any suggestions??

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed this as a channel. When I start new game it shows a progress bar at the bottom of the screen, about halfway through I get an error saying " cannot convert textures for your video card. You must login an Administrator account to do this. Press ESC to quit." I have to then turn off the console as I cannot escape this screen . Any suggestions??
You need about 400 MB free space on the SD Card for the converted textures.
Make some space on the SD and delete the 'txd.img' and 'txd.dir' in the 'wiiu/apps/re3/models' folder, then try again.

Reactions: cvskid

Nightkingale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic work as always, you are very deserving of the praise you have been getting for this! I am super excited to be able to play this whenever I can get all of my new things running. Great game on an even greater system! :)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vice City can be ported as well, since it is a branch of the re3 project (reVC). It was ported to Switch and it performs alright. Problem is, it's not nearly as polished as re3 and it crashes more often.

San Andreas is a different beast. It hasn't been reversed so don't expect anything soon™.

What about Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories? I'd think they shouldn't be much different than 3 and Vice City. Though I'm not entirely sure they could be done as they never saw PC releases, though Liberty City Stories did see mobile releases, Vice City Stories was only ever on PSP and PS2 though, so I imagine that makes that title especially much less likely to be playable with this method, would be really cool if it can be though.

x_orange90_x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed all instructions for both methods and cannot get this to work. Installing as a channel just keeps giving me the eShop/signature error despite running Mocha, Haxchii, and Simple Signature Patcher. I tried installing to NAND and get the signature error, and USB gives me a no USB device connected error. The HBC method results in a black screen after running re3.rpx. I have plenty of free space on my SD card.

My WiiU is not permanently hacked, but rather ?I use the web exploits to get to homebrew. Also, I am running v5.5.1 firmware.

What am i doing wrong?

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
works great for me, any possibility of eventually getting saves to work?
Do you mean getting PC saves to work? Normal saving should already work.
The issues with cross-platform saves is that byteswapping every single variable that gets saved would be required.
That would slow down saving and loading.

I might look into a conversion tool, that can convert PC and Wii U saves.

Yergermeister01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome project man, works great for me only issue for me is that when you remap the controls
Do you mean getting PC saves to work? Normal saving should already work.
The issues with cross-platform saves is that byteswapping every single variable that gets saved would be required.
That would slow down saving and loading.

I might look into a conversion tool, that can convert PC and Wii U saves.

Oh I apologize I misunderstood what you meant by pc saves don't work. Only issue I have is that controls show up as wrong when remapped. For instance in the beginning it will tell me to press A to accelerate the car when I've remapped it to ZR.

Reactions: GaryOderNichts

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Only issue I have is that controls show up as wrong when remapped. For instance in the beginning it will tell me to press A to accelerate the car when I've remapped it to ZR.
This seems to be an issue with re3 or maybe even GTA 3 in general. I don't think this is a big issue though :)

thanks for the great port. Is a port of gta SA possible?
At the moment no. There is no fully reverse engineered source code of San Andreas available.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for all the testing. Really interesting results.

Thanks for your kind replies and you are welcome.

Yeah I know. Cemu is missing support for working dirs and a few GX2R functions aren't implemented. I hope they can add that in the future.

:yay:

Hmm weird. That works fine for me with haxchi. Could this be related to your meta files?

Seems not. Because, I already tested with all the meta basic files from the .zip and it gives me the same result in NAND installation. I was thinking, because I use the NUSPacker Plus and then inside NUSPacker Plus you can generate the Random Encryption Key (but keep always the same standard Common Key); usually to let the software to generate the random key it doesn't gives any problem, so I was thinking that maybe could be this the problem, but I tried to pack the package even with the key that I use with TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector (that never gives me the problems) and it gives me the same problem if I try to run the game from the NAND. It's really strange, and I'm not totally noob on that because I have the experiences to pack the files. For now, I can't give on it a reasonable conclusion why it happens; the important that in one of these ways it's working. Just for info, I'm using the latest Haxchi v2.5u2 and CBHC v1.6 with the latest USA upgrade system 5.5.3.

I haven't tested any sorts of modifications yet.
I don't know if big modifications are supported by re3 and librw at all.
Can you try using those in a PC build of re3 and see if they work?

You have right, I will test with the PC as well to understand if they are working well, but as per my understanding there are some HD textures that are using the D3DX9 instead of the 8 and maybe could be this the reason why some of it, it doesn't work... But really, I need to go more deep about.

Looks quite nice. Definitely an upgrade over the re3 images I made in a few minutes.

Thanks, where possible it's also right to help you with testing also with small things, after such great job.

Last thing @GaryOderNichts , because I'm the person that like to experiment and test around; I tried to follow your guide to build the rpx and so on... on GitHub page. And miserably I failed.
From MSYS2 by Mingw64 I installed the necessaries libls included the mingw-w64-x86_64-libsndfile and mingw-w64-x86_64-python-soundfile , and if I follow always your readme file I should to configure libsndfile for the Wii U, and I need to take a look at this gist: https://gist.github.com/GaryOderNichts/475edaf03ff08ba100840608f92eade8 teoretically to create a file called config.patch . So, Im stuck in this situation, if I download the file configure-libsndfile-wiiu.sh and grub and drop into the Mingw64 Command shell therotically should generate the config.patch into some directory... right? So, here, I have the problem, that the config.patch file it will appear in the folder C:\Users\"My user Account" and in the command shell it gives me this error:
Code:
/home/Cris 7 Ultimate/Desktop/configure-libsndfile-wiiu.sh: line 17: patch: command not found
/home/Cris 7 Ultimate/Desktop/configure-libsndfile-wiiu.sh: line 19: ./autogen.sh: No such file or directory

It's that normal? How can I solve this? Otherwise I can't build up anything, because I try to write the make command into Mingw64, the libsndfile it will gives me the error that I have to configure it. Like below:
Code:
$ make
Building librw
make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** [Makefile:143: vendor] Error 2

Please, help on that...

Last edited by CrisMod,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I got the same problem as @CrisMod
Installed it to NAND, errors out on 199-9999 once I boot it.
Haven't installed it to USB yet (USB drive is full) but kinda not planning to neither unless it's the only possible way.

Also running CHBC.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I got the same problem as @CrisMod
Installed it to NAND, errors out on 199-9999 once I boot it.
Haven't installed it to USB yet (USB drive is full) but kinda not planning to neither unless it's the only possible way.

Also running CHBC.

Hi @DinohScene , I tested with Loadiine GX2 and it's working there also.
So, from my side, I can run the game from USB or Loadiine gx2. From homebrew I didn't try. For now if you get the same error like me (and only on NAND installation side); you can use the USB or Loadiine GX 2 way.

Last edited by CrisMod,

x_orange90_x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get around the eShop/Signature error when trying to install to NAND as a channel? I ran Mocha, then Simple Signature Patcher, then WUP Installer but I get the error regardless. If I try to install to USB it tells me there is no USB device connected.

I compiled with the Wii U Common Key ending in 22A7. Does the name of the folder matter? Do I need to use a specific key?

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How do I get around the eShop/Signature error when trying to install to NAND as a channel? I ran Mocha, then Simple Signature Patcher, then WUP Installer but I get the error regardless. If I try to install to USB it tells me there is no USB device connected.

I compiled with the Wii U Common Key ending in 22A7. Does the name of the folder matter? Do I need to use a specific key?

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Mocha I'm not sure because I don't use it, but what I can tell you that your Common Key it's different of what i'm using, try to use the Common Key that ending with B656.....
Also, in my myriads of testing that I did, I got such error when I put some extra files to the content folder, try to re-watch if you placed well all the necessaries files descibed from @GaryOderNichts, and be sure that you don't overwrite the files that Gary it's prepared. The name it doesn't matter as soon the WUP installer can see it. And be sure to create the empty folder into wiiu/apps/re3, because the game it needs this folder to convert or building the texture at the first run time of the game

Last edited by CrisMod,

x_orange90_x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mocha I'm not sure because I don't use it, but what I can tell you that your Common Key it's different of what i'm using, try to use the Common Key that ending with B656.....
Also, in my myriads of testing that I did, I got such error when I put some extra files to the content folder, try to re-watch if you placed well all the necessaries files descibed from @GaryOderNichts, and be sure that you don't overwrite the files that Gary it's prepared. The name it doesn't matter as soon the WUP installer can see it. And be sure to create the empty folder into wiiu/apps/re3, because the game it needs this folder to convert or building the texture at the first run time of the game

Thanks for the reply! I followed your instructions and got it to install to NAND. When i select the RE3 Channel i get Error Code: 199-9999. It says to turn of the console and try again but i still get the same error.

EDIT: i ran Mocha and Signature Patcher again after reboot, then the game started :)

Last edited by x_orange90_x,

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi @DinohScene , I tested with Loadiine GX2 and it's working there also.
So, from my side, I can run the game from USB or Loadiine gx2. From homebrew I didn't try. For now if you get the same error like me (and only on NAND installation side); you can use the USB or Loadiine GX 2 way.
Since you like experimenting, can you try using the meta files from haxchi or the HBL to see if you still get error 199-9999? (Keep the current meta.xml)
If that doesn't work maybe try changing the title ID to something more Wii U-like (You need to edit that in the meta.xml and app.xml). Also try changing the product_code in the meta.xml.

Other than that, I have no idea what could cause issues.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the reply! I followed your instructions and got it to install to NAND. When i select the RE3 Channel i get Error Code: 199-9999. It says to turn of the console and try again but i still get the same error.
Ok, at least one step forward you did, so have means that you have the same problem like me, if you install it to the USB the game it will working or by Loadiine GX2. Now I will try to do some other test to understand what makes this error.....

x_orange90_x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@GaryOderNichts

upon first launch what should be happening while the textures convert? I just have the GTA 3 splash screen with no progress bar or any indicator that anything is actually happening. been like this for about 10 minutes, and the wii u dimmed the tv and gamepad as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt