Country
Canada
Reactions: Impossible_Igntiz

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are these latest builds even still working in Atmos 14+ ?

The one I had working in SXOS crashes in Atmos.

Edit: bypass Applet Mode in Atmos works.. not sure about nsp forwarders
Only in Portable mode, Docked mode not working

Last edited by simbin,

Ultimatewin

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I found a fix for this.
In the re3.ini file change "NoIslandLoading = 1" value to 0 (NoIslandLoading = 0)

No more crashing...and weirdly I was expecting there to be a loading screen between the islands...but there wasn't.
Cheers lads. Have fun.
Ran into the same problem on "Last Requests" mission at the end of the first island, but changing re3.ini value didn't help, still freezes and crashes after ten seconds of running on a new island, weird. Could someone upload a save made on switch on the second island, after Last Requests mission?

Ok I think I figured it out: I also needed to change the option "IslandLoading" to 0, weirdly enough, in the same re3.ini

Now it loaded up and everything ok

Last edited by Ultimatewin,

dogcsty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I obviously can't share the source code but I've been able to build it from source with the new libnx update (shouldn't be a real difference between the latest binaries but if you like changing the code yourself to do whatever you want you might need to do that). It doesn't work straight out of the bat you need to fix some cmake files in order to work but it can be done. I'd be glad to explain how to to anyone interested in mp.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I obviously can't share the source code but I've been able to build it from source with the new libnx update (shouldn't be a real difference between the latest binaries but if you like changing the code yourself to do whatever you want you might need to do that). It doesn't work straight out of the bat you need to fix some cmake files in order to work but it can be done. I'd be glad to explain how to to anyone interested in mp.

You could make a diff file.

spriteice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does recompiling with the latest libnx fix the docked issues?

dogcsty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does recompiling with the latest libnx fix the docked issues?
No the docked issues are still here

Edit: to be more precise you can play in docked mode if you first launched your game in handheld mode but you can't directly play docked mode (or at least I haven't been able to do so) but you still have the resolution issues.

I can check the code though to see if something can be done about it but no guarantees

dogcsty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have modified the code so that the game doesn't read the resolution display in the .ini file when launching the game. It allows to automatically detect the current switch resolution and you don't have to delete the .ini file each time you want to launch the game. You still need to restart the game if you go from docked to handheld mode while you're playing.

I found in the code where you can switch resolutions but the main problem is that you're not supposed to change the resolution when you've already loaded the game (the option is normally disabled when you're ingame). I don't know what it will do if I enable this option. I might try next week.

I have added a link to the binary files with the modified code and a .patch explaining what I did (it's really nothing) for everyone to use. I resolved my compilation problems it was an error on my end the project can be compiled without needing to modify a file (if you guys want to know the dependencies you need to install tell me)

Code:
From ffb4abcdd3a92a83cc9872e6d9c57e4f87dc15fa Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 14:20:38 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Ignore video preference in the ini file

---
 src/core/re3.cpp | 6 ++++--
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/src/core/re3.cpp b/src/core/re3.cpp
index a721c238..b1dc8583 100644
--- a/src/core/re3.cpp
+++ b/src/core/re3.cpp
@@ -474,13 +474,15 @@ bool LoadINISettings()
     if (!ini.read(cfg))
         return false;

-#ifdef IMPROVED_VIDEOMODE
+#if defined(IMPROVED_VIDEOMODE) && !defined(__SWITCH__)
+
     ReadIniIfExists("VideoMode", "Width", &FrontEndMenuManager.m_nPrefsWidth);
     ReadIniIfExists("VideoMode", "Height", &FrontEndMenuManager.m_nPrefsHeight);
     ReadIniIfExists("VideoMode", "Depth", &FrontEndMenuManager.m_nPrefsDepth);
     ReadIniIfExists("VideoMode", "Subsystem", &FrontEndMenuManager.m_nPrefsSubsystem);
     // Windowed mode is loaded below in CUSTOM_FRONTEND_OPTIONS section
-#else
+
+#elif !defined(__SWITCH__)
     ReadIniIfExists("Graphics", "VideoMode", &FrontEndMenuManager.m_nDisplayVideoMode);
 #endif
     ReadIniIfExists("Controller", "HeadBob1stPerson", &TheCamera.m_bHeadBob);
--
2.36.0.windows.1

https://1fichier.com/?31dd9qhsvuzlnqi936cv

Last edited by dogcsty,

spriteice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have modified the code so that the game doesn't read the resolution display in the .ini file when launching the game. It allows to automatically detect the current switch resolution and you don't have to delete the .ini file each time you want to launch the game. You still need to restart the game if you go from docked to handheld mode while you're playing.

I found in the code where you can switch resolutions but the main problem is that you're not supposed to change the resolution when you've already loaded the game (the option is normally disabled when you're ingame). I don't know what it will do if I enable this option. I might try next week.

I have added a link to the binary files with the modified code and a .patch explaining what I did (it's really nothing) for everyone to use. I resolved my compilation problems it was an error on my end the project can be compiled without needing to modify a file (if you guys want to know the dependencies you need to install tell me)

Code:
From ffb4abcdd3a92a83cc9872e6d9c57e4f87dc15fa Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 14:20:38 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Ignore video preference in the ini file

---
 src/core/re3.cpp | 6 ++++--
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/src/core/re3.cpp b/src/core/re3.cpp
index a721c238..b1dc8583 100644
--- a/src/core/re3.cpp
+++ b/src/core/re3.cpp
@@ -474,13 +474,15 @@ bool LoadINISettings()
     if (!ini.read(cfg))
         return false;

-#ifdef IMPROVED_VIDEOMODE
+#if defined(IMPROVED_VIDEOMODE) && !defined(__SWITCH__)
+
     ReadIniIfExists("VideoMode", "Width", &FrontEndMenuManager.m_nPrefsWidth);
     ReadIniIfExists("VideoMode", "Height", &FrontEndMenuManager.m_nPrefsHeight);
     ReadIniIfExists("VideoMode", "Depth", &FrontEndMenuManager.m_nPrefsDepth);
     ReadIniIfExists("VideoMode", "Subsystem", &FrontEndMenuManager.m_nPrefsSubsystem);
     // Windowed mode is loaded below in CUSTOM_FRONTEND_OPTIONS section
-#else
+
+#elif !defined(__SWITCH__)
     ReadIniIfExists("Graphics", "VideoMode", &FrontEndMenuManager.m_nDisplayVideoMode);
 #endif
     ReadIniIfExists("Controller", "HeadBob1stPerson", &TheCamera.m_bHeadBob);
--
2.36.0.windows.1

https://1fichier.com/?31dd9qhsvuzlnqi936cv
Legend, thank you for sharing.

Have you done any playing with the re-vc code?

dogcsty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legend, thank you for sharing.

Have you done any playing with the re-vc code?
Yee I have done the same thing and it worked. Didn't feel like it was appropriate to share it on this thread though since this is re3 related.

This project had so much potential it is a shame that it has been shut down really, the possiblities were endless.

Last edited by dogcsty,

spriteice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yee I have done the same thing and it worked. Didn't feel like it was appropriate to share it on this thread though since this is re3 related.

This project had so much potentiel it is a shame that it has been shut down really, the possiblities were endless.

I definitely feel the same. The original look and feel of these games is far superiour to the remakes, which obviously have huge issues. The only good thing about the remakes on the switch is being able to play san andreas without installing android.

I think re-3 and re-vc are related enough to be relevant, would you mind sharing your work on the re-vc branch?

dogcsty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely feel the same. The original look and feel of these games is far superiour to the remakes, which obviously have huge issues. The only good thing about the remakes on the switch is being able to play san andreas without installing android.

I think re-3 and re-vc are related enough to be relevant, would you mind sharing your work on the re-vc branch?
Yeah, we could have done so much with this I mean I cannot imagine the work these people did to reverse engineer this game it is huge and their hard work has been thrown out of the window while not being a threat for Take Two at all.

I'll share what I did when I get back home tonight.

Reactions: spriteice

spriteice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, we could have done so much with this I mean I cannot imagine the work these people did to reverse engineer this game it is huge and their hard work has been thrown out of the window while not being a threat for Take Two at all.

I'll share what I did when I get back home tonight.
All so they could release their half baked “remastered” version. Such a shame, especially seeing what other decompilation projects (sm64, ocarina of time) have achieved.

Sounds good, appreciate it

Cyka_Delik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran into the same problem on "Last Requests" mission at the end of the first island, but changing re3.ini value didn't help, still freezes and crashes after ten seconds of running on a new island, weird. Could someone upload a save made on switch on the second island, after Last Requests mission?

Ok I think I figured it out: I also needed to change the option "IslandLoading" to 0, weirdly enough, in the same re3.ini

Now it loaded up and everything ok
Good shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1