masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, have tested re3-nxvc a little bit. It runs pretty good but sometimes it hiccups and then HEAVY lags starts to going all over the place.. :sleep: Until exit the game.

Anyway a lot of gratitute to @romain337 and @Graber for their superwork!
Sounds like memory leak issue. Either bad port or currently VC decompilation project doesn't focus on this part.

Graber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Surprise.
You create a folder named gtavc (or whatever ;))
And you follow the same instruction as for gta3 (convert audio wav then copy data) but using your vice city pc version 1.1.
And you use the NRO linked in my post.
I don't know if the game is finishable or the port complete. I just compiled it thanks to @Graber prior work.

@Graber if you want to build and maintain it, I just checked out the miami branch and applyed your modification on top of it.

Edit: take a while to convert texture and start. Then show a black screen for one minute before starting.
no, vice city is not even considerable playable, it's not done, a lot of buggy and missing stuff that's not meant to be played yet. don't waste your time with it just yet. people saying "needs love from their devs" or posting buggy screenshots don't realise it's still wip, that produces a very negative view for something that's clearly still work in progress and it's sad to see them judging the current quality which is not playable. news sites talking whatever stuff out of their asses (apparently some "eradicatinglove" dude now did the port and not me) don't help in this regard. there's a reason why it wasn't ported, please respect it.

Last edited by Graber,

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, vice city is not even considerable playable, it's not done, a lot of buggy and missing stuff that's not meant to be played yet. don't waste your time with it just yet. people saying "needs love from their devs" or posting buggy screenshots don't realise it's still wip, that produces a very negative view for something that's clearly still work in progress and it's sad to see them judging the current quality which is not playable. news sites talking whatever stuff out of their asses (apparently some "eradicatinglove" dude now did the port and not me) don't help in this regard. there's a reason why it wasn't ported, please respect it.
I think the possibility of VC on Switch is getting people worked into a frenzy and willing to tinker to get it working, but that shouldn't be happening here in this thread or viewed as a reflection of your hard work. It's been recognized *on that one site* that you are indeed the creator of the Switch decompilation port of GTA III, which is how worldwide most people will probably find out about this amazing feat. You have done a great service to the Switch scene and I know that myself and many, many, others thank you and eagerly await any updates/bug fixes to GTA III and obviously, when the time comes, Vice City. Patience is a virtue ladies and gentlemen.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
are any kind of scriptmods compatible or only models and textures? i would like to use scripts like infinite health ...inf. ammo and all weapons

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game won't work for me
i am trying to use it on my modded lite with SXOS 3.0.4 and emunand 10.1.0
i go to album ,homebrew menu and the game is not even showing up in there
i only have 3 homebrew .nro's on here
gta nx, retroarch and tinfoil ,
the guy on here who installed my SX lite modderfokker619 put tinfoil on here and i just noticed that it does not work either it shows up though but it throws an error when i try and launch it
i use strictly xci on here so far
tinfoil is ver 8.10
is there something wrong with my SXOS homebrew ? because GTA NX does not show up and i put the re folder in root/switch folder and there is no icon for it , i just see tinfoil and retroarch icons, retroarch works but tinfoil don't work
also i noticed the guy who installed my chip has been deleted here anyone know why?

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game won't work for me
i am trying to use it on my modded lite with SXOS 3.0.4 and emunand 10.1.0
i go to album ,homebrew menu and the game is not even showing up in there
i only have 3 homebrew .nro's on here
gta nx, retroarch and tinfoil ,
the guy on here who installed my SX lite modderfokker619 put tinfoil on here and i just noticed that it does not work either it shows up though but it throws an error when i try and launch it
i use strictly xci on here so far
tinfoil is ver 8.10
is there something wrong with my SXOS homebrew ? because GTA NX does not show up and i put the re folder in root/switch folder and there is no icon for it , i just see tinfoil and retroarch icons, retroarch works but tinfoil don't work
also i noticed the guy who installed my chip has been deleted here anyone know why?
Personally i'd recommend switching to Atmosphere instead since you'll have less problems there and has much more support.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ragestaker21

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for this!

So, I tried it and it worked really good, three missions and saved game. But now, every time I try to enter, I select "load game" and the load screen shows, but that's it. No response. When I close the NSP it crashes. Tried it with forwarder and with title override. What could be the issue? It worked flawlessly.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally i'd recommend switching to Atmosphere instead since you'll have less problems there and has much more support.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
well i figured out why it wasn't showing ,somehow it was inside another folder inside my switch folder
but now i deleted that one and am using rev 2 with fixed audio
but now the game will not make it past the intro it crashes every single time right after they show the paddy wagon and police car and i get the error 2168-0002 SX OS crashed and i need to restart my switch lite

Jibbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Working great for me .... Anyone know if its possible to enter cheats . This would of been done using a keyboard. I tried using a USB keyboard plugged into the dock but it didnt seem to work.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
PC version (GTA 3, VC, SA) is a "downgraded" / broken mess technically and with alot of bugs/glitches compared to the PS/Xbox consoles (graphics are the only good thing about the PC releases) and it gets worse if the games (yes, all of them are affected) are running above 25-30 FPS. Even GTA IV is affected to some degree but thats another story. Only with GTA V its a proper GTA release for PC......

It would be cool if we coould implement all the fixes/patches from Silent:

https://cookieplmonster.github.io/mods/gta-iii/

Last edited by deSSy2724,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
PC version (GTA 3, VC, SA) is a "downgraded" / broken mess technically and with alot of bugs/glitches compared to the PS/Xbox consoles (graphics are the only good thing about the PC releases) and it gets worse if the games (yes, all of them are affected) are running above 25-30 FPS. Even GTA IV is affected to some degree but thats another story. Only with GTA V its a proper GTA release for PC......

It would be cool if we coould implement all the fixes/patches from Silent:

https://cookieplmonster.github.io/mods/gta-iii/
First we need to fix as most issues as possible with port-related stuff. Then someone can fork it and make modded version with implemented tweaks

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I'm getting random SX OS soft crashes on this GTA3 port and error code 2168-0002. The console then soft reboots. Does anyone know how to fix this?

My game files are from the Steam version which I legally own and I did run the audio conversion script.

Last edited by BloodRose,
Reactions: weatMod

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting random SX OS soft crashes on this GTA3 port and error code 2168-0002. The console then soft reboots. Does anyone know how to fix this?

My game files are from the Steam version which I legally own and I did run the audio conversion script.

Make sure you run it by holding R and launching an installed title, then run it from HB menu that way. You may be running out of memory.

Reactions: BloodRose

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Make sure you run it by holding R and launching an installed title, then run it from HB menu that way. You may be running out of memory.

Thanks but if I press the R button on the SX OS Homebrew menu then it goes to the SX OS options screen (to enable the FTP server etc, OTA update SX OS etc).

I can believe this is an OOM error though because it seems to happen after a few minutes of gameplay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.