Hacking Re-viginize LU64 v4.0U ???

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading a post on how to re-virginize your Wii (http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133557) and it said most of the tools can be found in SoftMii, so I downloaded SoftMii 2.1.1.
As I was reading the PDF it said it will work on any System Menu 3.1 to 3.4.

How would I go about re-virginizing my Lu64 v4.0U system.

I don't want to reformat the memory and re download the Nintendo System menu, because I would lose my saved games.

Any suggestions?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
I was reading a post on how to re-virginize your Wii (http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133557) and it said most of the tools can be found in SoftMii, so I downloaded SoftMii 2.1.1.
As I was reading the PDF it said it will work on any System Menu 3.1 to 3.4.

How would I go about re-virginizing my Lu64 v4.0U system.

I don't want to reformat the memory and re download the Nintendo System menu, because I would lose my saved games.

Any suggestions?
the PDF has nothing to do with that method of virginizing your wii
just get the apps he said to have.
instead of hacks remover, use NANDclean

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks;

Let me explain what I hope to accomplish by doing this and see if you think it would would work, rather then just wasting my time and ending up the same way.

I have everything installed and working with the exception of my Rock Band Instruments will not sync unless I am playing a retail disc in disc channel.

Take a look at this post to see the history of that issue. <a href="http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=172901&st=0&p=2176205&#entry2176205" target="_blank">http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=172...p;#entry2176205</a>

I think some things may have gotten a little messed up. and even thought I have tried re-installing Rev 14 and cIOS 222/223 several times I still can not get the system to sync the instruments on a back copy (either DVD or USB).

I followed this <a href="http://pandorabox.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=63471" target="_blank">guide</a> on my nephews system yesterday and then installed mu USB loader and cIOS 222/223 and my insturments will work on a back up copy on his system

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need), HBC + BootMii + NAND + New cIOS + PreLoader + Backups

This tutorial was written up by Deviyl and it's a very good guide on the things needed to softmod your'e wii.

This has been tested and works on all Wiis that have been released to date-- even the LU64+ models and v4.0. So just follow the guide and ask if you have any questions. =) The process is fairly simple and there is almost no risk at all to brick your Wii. Also, I'm not going to post a pack here because some of the files are illegal. I'll tell you how you can acquire/create them on your own if your Wii does not have an internet connection.

Note: If you'd like to fully hack your Wii, complete with HBC, BootMii, PreLoader, newer cIOS, and backup launcher channels-- feel free to go through the guide first and grab all of the files from the Things you'll need sections. This will save you some time so you don't have to keep moving SD card from Wii to computer to get files for the next step.

Getting HomeBrew and BootMii
The HomeBrew Channel (commonly referred to as HBC) is what you will use to run all of your hacks. It is the base of hacking your Wii. BootMii is a system menu apart from the Wii menu. You can load to this in the event of a brick and recover from any damage.

Things you'll need:
1) SD card (formatted as FAT or FAT32).
2) Computer with internet (yay you have this one if you're reading this).
3) A Wii with internet is a plus, but not required.
4) BannerBomb hack. There are steps on the site, but I'll put a brief description in steps to follow.
5) HackMii installer (link is on the previous site as well).

Steps:
Extract both of the folders you just downloaded.
Inside of the HackMii folder you just extracted, there will be a file called installer.elf. Rename this file to boot.elf.
Put your SD card into your computer (backup any files you have on it if not blank and format it to FAT if necessary) and copy both the private folder from BannerBomb and the boot.elf file onto the root of your card.
Insert the SD card into your Wii and power it on if not already.
Click on the Wii icon, then to Data Management, then Channels, and SD at the top. You should get a pop up message asking if you wish to install the boot.elf.
Let this load and Press 1 when prompted.
If you have a newer Wii, you will only be allowed to install BootMii as an IOS (this is ok).
Click continue.
If you are able to install BootMii as boot2, do so. If not, just install it as an IOS.
Next get back to where you just were and install the HomeBrew Channel (this is included in the BootMii hack).
You can install DVDx if you like-- it won't hurt anything, but I won't get into that here.
Now that you have the HomeBrew Channel, you can run a backup launcher and play burned games. If that's all you want to do, skip down to the Backup Launcher section. If you'd like to hack your Wii a little further, I'd recommend you get a NAND backup and install PreLoader. Along with some other cool tricks along the way. The following steps will also solve some loading issues that newer games will have without a newer cIOS.
Note: If you installed BootMii as boot2, your Wii will always boot to the BootMii menu as long as you have the SD card in the slot with the BootMii folder. If you don't want this to happen, either remove the BootMii folder from your SD (save it somewhere else), or you can rename it to something else and leave it on the card. You will need this folder to get to the BootMii menu, so do not lose this folder.

Backing up your NAND
This step is not mandantory, but will allow you to restore your Wii in case of a brick with future softmodding. It is highly recommended.

Things you'll need:
1) SD card from the previous step when you installed BootMii (will also need at least 528MB of free space on the card)
If you put the SD card back into your computer, there should now be a BootMii folder present on the root. This is the only folder you need to keep there at the moment if you're OCD.
2) A GameCube controller if you had to install BootMii as IOS

Steps:
Put the SD card in your Wii. For folks that installed as boot2, just make sure the BootMii folder is on the root of your SD card and restart your Wii. Continue 4 steps down.
A HomeBrew channel should have appeared on the first page of your Wii channels. Start this channel.
Press the Home button on your Wii remote.
Press Launch BootMii.
Your Wii will restart to a new menu. This is BootMii.
You will need a GameCube controller to use this screen if you installed as IOS. If you installed as boot2, you can use the buttons on your Wii (power, reset, and eject) to navigate.
Go over to the little gears and press A.
Click on the icon with the arrow pointing from the chip to the SD card.
Follow the steps on the screen-- press start, then A to begin the dump.
This will take about 7-10 minutes depending on the speed of your SD card.
You now have a NAND backup of your Wii in case anything awful happens and you get a bricked Wii. Make a copy of this nand.bin and save it somewhere safe. You can remove it from your SD card as well, as you probably won't use it very often.
Note: If you need to restore your NAND, do the same thing to get to BootMii and options, but instead of clicking the icon with the picture of the chip to the SD card-- click the one with SD card to chip. Follow the instructions from there.

Patching IOS36
IOS36 will need to be pacthed on newer Wiis, but it won't hurt to do it on all Wiis, so I'll just put the steps here anyway. If you think you don't need it, you can skip this-- but if the next steps don't work, come back here. =)

Things you'll need:
1) SD card with a folder called apps on its root.
2) Trucha Bug Restorer.
3) If your Wii does not have internet, you will need to create the necessary wad files on the root of your SD (these are merely the files your Wii would normally download if it has an internet connection. Create them here!

Steps:
Extract the files from the downloaded Trucha Bug Restorer zip.
Copy the TBR folder to the apps folder on your SD card.
Start HBC
Load TBR
Use IOS 36 to downgrade 15. << Watch Video. See note if you don't have a network connection!
Use 15 to patch 36. << Watch video. See note if you don't have a network connection!
And use 36 to restore 15. << Watch video. See note if you don't have a network connection!
Video: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc</a>

Now that you have patched IOS 36, you can install newer cIOS and PreLoader.
Note: If you do not have a network connection, select wad installation where the video says network install. The fines you created earlier will need to be on the root of your SD card.

Installing PreLoader and new cIOS
For those of you that could not install BootMii as boot2, you will need a way to launch HBC if your Wii menu is bricked-- so PreLoader is a must. For those of you that were able to install BootMii as boot2, PreLoader is only needed if you wish to gain some added hacks (like skip "Press A" screen, and disable update checks, etc).

Things you'll need:
1) SD card with a folder called apps on its root.
2) PreLoader.
3) cIOS38 rev13a

Steps:
Extract both of the downloaded files.
Open the extracted cIOS38r13b-Installer folder and rename the cIOS38r13b-Installer.dol to boot.dol
Copy the extracted cIOS38r13b-Installer folder into the apps folder on your SD card.
The PreLoader rar will extract a file called preloaderv0.29-cred.dol, rename it to boot.dol.
Inside of the apps folder on your SD card, create a folder called PreLoader.
Put the boot.dol file inside of the Sd:/apps/PreLoader folder.
The PreLoader rar should also have spit out a file called hacks.ini. Put this on the root of your SD card. See note for more hacks.
Put the SD card into the Wii and power on the Wii.
Launch HBC.
Load PreLoader and press 1 when instructed and PreLoader will install.
Back in HBC, load cIOS38 rev13b.
Leave the default option set to use IOS249 and press A.
It will ask if you're sure and tell you that your Wii could brick, but it doesn't matter since you have the NAND backup, right?
You will need a network connection for this-- if not you'll have to find the wad file and put it on the root of your SD before the install.
Now you have PreLoader installed and a newer cIOS. To launch PreLoader, turn your Wii on while holding the reset button. The options here are fairly self-explanatory, and all user-preference-- so just click around and set things up how you want.
Note: You can find more hacks for your hacks.ini file here. Be sure to get the one for your region. Just copy over the hacks.ini file with the text on the site.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was hoping to virginize my system and then follow the guide above to get the instruments working on my system.

What do you think???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night