Gaming RE Revelations or KI Uprising?

PaulAldrich

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i know this is a chore but i want to buy one of the two games but i cant decide, in true internet fashion i am here to ask your help. Ive read multiple reviews for both and seen gameplay. Ive never played a Kid Icarus game before but it looks nice. I really like the look (graphical sweetness) of revelations and i liked the demo. Pro's and cons for both?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok first I gotta ask you a few questions.

1. Are you left-handed?
2. If so have you ever played a FPS on the DS?
3. Do you mind aimming with the stylus?
4. Do you like your games suspense full but slow or fast but cheery?

When you can answer these then you can only be recommend.

Reactions: 2 people

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kid Icarus has incredible depth to it, a great plot although short story. I haven't played RE Revelations (besides the demo) but it is easy to play and also quite fun. Although my opinion is biased since I have finished Kid Icarus and not RE, I would recommend buying Kid Icarus.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest I could not see what people loved about RE: Revelations. It was pretty lifeless, it was billed as "a proper RE game that could easily be RE6" but it was just really lacking for me.
The enemies were really poor (they mostly looked like beta models), puzzles uninspiring and the only reason I finished it was because I bought it. It wasn't awful, it just wasn't anything special for me at all. However the Mercenaries part was very nice and was even a more "fuller" package than the rip off standalone RE: Mercenaries 3DS game Capcom crapped out.

Kid Icarus though to me seemed a lot better than I thought it would be. It had a lot of attention to detail, was challenging & had a good multiplayer mode that wasn't even needed. Never had problems with the controls, never saw the need for a "twin stick" option. The "humour" wasn't for me but I could easily ignore it.

Also KI is more arcadey and so its great to go back to every now and again that and its level lengths are perfect for when you're "on the go"

So I'd go with Kid Icarus, also it doesn't matter if you've never played the previous games aside from theme and characters its practically a new IP.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is a tough one, both of these games are visually impressive and really are up there showing that the 3DS is capable of, now gameplay wise they are completely different. I personally prefer Kid Icarus, It's a wonderful challenging game and the multi-player is just pure fun. The voice acting is just funny, in a good way. I love how they keep breaking the 4th wall, they are aware of other Nintendo games and the game itself. The storyline is fine and surprising, obviously I don't want to leak spoilers out. :P

RE:R is a very good game as well, it's a shame you can't pick both.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want a game that lasts, get KI:U.
That game is huge in every possible way, just take the soundtrack for example, it will take you several hours to listen through the whole thing!
If there's a game you absolutely need to prioritize, it's Kid Icarus.

About the controls.
If you keep playing it will quickly become second nature. Don't let the reviews scare you off.
Most reviewers haven't played the game for more than an hour or so, plus they just like to bitch about it since it isn't dual analog.

When you play it you either use a thumb stylus or hold your 3DS properly, I seriously can't stand the way reviewers hold it, they hold it like if it were some fucking balance act, really!
Do they purposely want to have cramped hands?
You're supposed to relax and straighten out your left hand fingers in order to divide the weight of the system properly!

Bottom line, they're both worth owning in my opinion but given the choice I would undoubtedly go with KI.

Reactions: 3 people

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please, don't ask me to choose between the kids.

Okay, Kid Icarus will last much longer and has plenty more features. It is a longer game campaign in comparison to RE:R.
I find Resident evil more fun, intense and a better game however. I borrowed the game, completed it and now I'm buying it again which should tell you how good it is.

Reactions: 1 person

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want a game that lasts, get KI:U.
That game is huge in every possible way, just take the soundtrack for example, it will take you several hours to listen through the whole thing!
If there's a game you absolutely need to prioritize, it's Kid Icarus.
Yes the soundtrack is by far the best I have heard in a while. And actually I would say it is one of my favourite games, Kid Icarus Uprising.

Reactions: 2 people

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't really speak fairly, because while I've played through Kid Icarus: Uprising (and am still playing it), I've only played the Revelations demo. But that said, I firmly believe that Kid Icarus: Uprising is the first true 3DS "killer app" since Zelda 3D.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [cricket sounds]